can't remotely control ubuntu 18 after a reboot until i log in on the physical server

pretty much the topic. as soon as i log in I am able to teamviewer into the box.

i ssh'd in and saw it was started / etc  and it shows up in my list of machine to log into.

Comments

• Happens to me too. After each restart in Ubuntu 18,.04.1 TeamViewer 13.2.26559 hangs connecting, after manually logging in in the remote computer, It connects but freeze the screen after few seconds. So far the only solution is to restart the TeamViewer service via SSH:

systemctl restart teamviewerd

Already tried reinstalling TeamViewer with no success...

• @JamesKCS wrote:

Same issue here.  It shows the computer as online after a remote restart, but then I still cannot connect (just fails with no error message) until I log in locally.  After that I can connect remotely and everything works fine.  The target computer is running Ubuntu 18 and TeamViewer 14 (start with system is checked).

Edit: see bobgutierrez's answer here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/Teamviewer-13-not-connecting-in-Ubuntu-18-04-Login-Screen/td-p/35342

It says:

sudo gedit /etc/gdm3/custom.conf

Uncomment this line in custom.conf file:

WaylandEnable=false

and Reboot.

Thanks @JamesKCS 

Worked for me on Ubuntu 20.04 with TeamViewer 15.3

• euroluar
    euroluar Posts: 1

This worked for me on 

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
    Release: 18.04
    Codename: bionic

• Thank you so much, you have saved my months of efforts during this lockdown.

• i have Ubuntu 18.04.5 and this does not works for me, tested on diffrent machines.
    any advice?

@JamesKCS wrote:

Same issue here.  It shows the computer as online after a remote restart, but then I still cannot connect (just fails with no error message) until I log in locally.  After that I can connect remotely and everything works fine.  The target computer is running Ubuntu 18 and TeamViewer 14 (start with system is checked).

Edit: see bobgutierrez's answer here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/Teamviewer-13-not-connecting-in-Ubuntu-18-04-Login-Screen/td-p/35342

It says:

sudo gedit /etc/gdm3/custom.conf

Uncomment this line in custom.conf file:

WaylandEnable=false

and Reboot.