how to upgrade from version 12 to version 13 on ubuntu

What's the best way do I upgreate from teamviewer 12 to teamviewer 13 on Ubuntu 16.04. I don't see any update setting in the linux Teamviwer like there is on Mac or Win. 

Comments

• I have the same issue.

• Here's what Teamviewer support told me to do to solve this problem.  It worked for me. 

Please remove any prior versions of TeamViewer before installing the latest version. Below are the steps to complete:
    1.) Please start the Operating System
    2.) Once logged in then please open up the Terminal by hitting the shortcut key (without the quotations) " Ctrl+Alt+T " which should now open the Terminal
    3.) Please run the command (without the quotations) " cd / " to go into the root directory. After this step, you shall see something similar to " user@ubuntu:/$ "
    4.) Now once in the root directory please run the command to delete all associated files and folders (without the quotations) " sudo find . -name *teamviewer* -exec rm -rf {} \; "
    5.) Now all associated files and folders will be removed and its time to download and install TeamViewer from our website.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux.aspx
  • I just try and succeed

download from official site, and instal over

then just run

• Here is what worked for me:

The teamviewer is installed from service center but can't be located in the installed apps.

Instead start a terminal session and enter:

sudo apt-get remove teamviewer

Then install version 13 from scratch.