mouse cursor over text with dark beckground

zom510
zom510 Posts: 1

The mouse cursor will change to the bold "I" shape when normally placed over text that can be copied and pasted. in windows i've seen this cursor totally black, or white outlined in black, depending on the color of the background over the text is placed. When I use linux teamviewer and I am editing some text that is over a dark background, the mouse cursor remains the black "I" shape, and its very difficult to see it. normally using the computer without teamviewer, the copmuter would make the cursor white outlined in black. I've used teamviewer and have only had this problem on the linux versioin. Is there a way to fix this so the cursor will be white instead of black when the mouse if over text?

Comments

• This is also an issue when remoting from a Windows 10 PC (via the Chrome extension) into a Windows 10 PC, also from ChromeOS into a Windows 10 PC. 

The only workaround I've found is to manually enable "show remote cursor" in the View options for the session every time. It's not ideal but will show a breif outline fo the correct cursor colour over dark text; but under the black cusor. So usible-ish, but could be a lot better.

The issue is not present when connecting from the full desktop team viewer client on Windows 10. Just the Chrome version. 

I have tested the .deb x64 version of the linux client on Ubuntu 18.04 remoting into a Windows 10 PC and the issue dose exist there too. Very annoying, please fix! :) 

• Exact same issue over here. Makes it very difficult to use any program with a dark theme.

• Same issue here, Linux client remote controlling a Windows 10 host running an application with a dark theme. Very difficult to use.
  • Arthonor
    Arthonor Posts: 2

quote by NiceKiwi "The issue is not present when connecting from the full desktop team viewer client on Windows 10"
    I have the problem when connection to full desktop teamviewer on Windows 10
    from full android teamviewer.

• Arthonor
    Arthonor Posts: 2

I even have changed the host windows teamviewer to dark theme. but curser still think background is white.
    If it is chosen on client, I see no option for inverting mouse colors in the linux/android used as client.
    Please make a color selection option for curser or make a soft glow to the curser, so it is not invisible on the dark background.

Dark background that is the real background nuance since Chalk came along.
    Nobody ever liked the light background blinding you, so it is difficult to see the text.
    Latecomers to PC do not know of dark background, but they often find it much better when shown. Ofc. it is a preference still.

Please make support, for the real background nuance.

• [SOLVED] for me:

Change the cursor color to "black" (it has white buffer around, so it is clearly visible) on the target system. It worked for me on Win10. 
    Search for "Cursor and pointer" settings [1] 

[1] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95305-change-text-cursor-thickness-windows-10-a.html

• MoldAnatomist
    MoldAnatomist Posts: 2 ✭✭

@untouchable wrote:
    [SOLVED] for me:

Change the cursor color to "black" (it has white buffer around, so it is clearly visible) on the target system. It worked for me on Win10. 
    Search for "Cursor and pointer" settings [1] 

[1] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95305-change-text-cursor-thickness-windows-10-a.html

Thank you @untouchable makes all the difference in the world. I had to talk with the IT department to get this sorted because I didn't have rights to customize the Windows look and feel, others might find themselves in a similar situation. The TeamViewer team definitely needs to fix this!