"easy access" not working in Teamviewer 13

I am excited that TV13 is finally available for Linux. After installing and launching it I found that I am now prompted for passwords for devices where I have enabled easy access. Easy access still works from Windows clients and the Chrome app. Is this a known regression?

Comments

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Thanks for your feedback!
    Yes, that is known. Authentication is currently hard-wired to password, but I think we can fix that with the next update.

Linux Developer
  • yahya
    yahya Posts: 3

Thanks! Does that mean that everybody who has the password will be able to connect? 

• DanielStm

Thanks! Does that mean that everybody who has the password will be able to connect? 

Yes, that is always the case. Authentication methods are not exclusive, you can always use one of permanent password, random password, easy access, ask for permission to connect.

The latter two should be available with the next update (via context menu of the partner).

Linux Developer
  • yahya
    yahya Posts: 3

But with "easy access" enabled, can't I disable password authentication completely? I am thinking about something similar to public key authentification in SSH, which is inherently more secure than password login.

• DanielStm

Yes, of course you can (once we have added support for easy access on the client side / C&C).

Then you can completely disable all passwords in the options / security.
    Okay, there is also a little catch here: Once set, the permanent password cannot be disabled in the GUI. I'll see if we can fix this glitch also.
    But you could just remove /opt/teamviewer/config/global.conf to reset it.

Linux Developer