unable to connect to android quicksupport or host

Posted by wuziq
Digon

unable to connect to android quicksupport or host

I am posting here because this issue does not occur from my Windows machine on the same LAN.

When I use Ubuntu to connect to my Android device (all on the same LAN), both sides show the connection being made.  After the connection negotation, the Android device shows that I'm connected ("connected to kevin"), but no control window appears on Ubuntu.  Then, after about 5 seconds, the connection closes, and it just shows that I'm ready to connect again.

Here's the last part of the log:

*Logs Removed by Moderator*

Let me know if more of the log is needed.

I've also tried using my mobile data connection instead of wifi on the Android device - same result.

This is Ubuntu 16.04 running TeamViewer 13.0.6634.  Android device is ZTE Axon 7 running TeamViewer Host and QuickSupport 13.0.7847.  I also have the ZTE plugin for TeamViewer.

Any ideas?

PS:  I can connect from Ubuntu to Windows without issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: how to tell why post got rejected in forum?

Unfortunately it is not possible to connect with the preview to Android (yet). You can still use TeamViewer 12 to connect to Android. Stay tuned for upcoming releases that will restore the feature for all versions.

1 Reply
6 Replies
Posted by wuziq
Digon

how to tell why post got rejected in forum?

Is there a way to tell why my post got rejected?  It is showing up in my rejected posts.

I thought maybe it was because I included a pastebin link (it was just a TV log), so I removed that link.  But I don't think it made a difference.

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi wuziq,

Sorry about that. Your post wasn't so much "Rejected" as it was "Spam Filtered".

There are a lot of not so friendly people posting junk to the community, so we have a bot battling them, unfortunately you got caught in the crossfire.

But, not to worry, we do check through the filtered stuff and pull back out stuff that is legitimate when they are occasionally caught. I pulled yours back out just now. And, yes, it was probably the logfiles that got you recognised as spam.

Also, we do ask all users not to post logfiles as they can inadvertently give away to much info.

Hope this helps!
-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by wuziq
Digon

The last two lines of the log, which have no personally identifiable data, are:

2018/02/04 09:51:15.690 6563 S! UdpConnection[90]: UDP statistics: nb=25
2018/02/04 09:51:15.725 6563 S IProcessCommandHandler[65]::CmdEndSession(): Received CMD_ENDSESSION with reason: 1

I tried searching for "reason 1" but didn't find anything.  Does anyone know what that means?

Posted by wuziq
Digon

bump..

Is there something else I should be trying?

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Unfortunately it is not possible to connect with the preview to Android (yet). You can still use TeamViewer 12 to connect to Android. Stay tuned for upcoming releases that will restore the feature for all versions.

1 Reply
Posted by Suni
Henagon

Hi,

I have a same issue. Unable to connect from ubuntu to android phone.

• Where can I download the ver 12 Teamviewer?
  • How can I install next to the latest version?

Regards,
George