blizz crashes with external camera

grdi
grdi Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

I want to use logitech c922 camera for the meeting room. Mostly after I started the meeting the blizz app crashes. This happens just when I use the external camera.

Another problem is that the picture with the external camera is displayed correctly in my blizz app, but is upside down on the meeting partner.

I use the Blizz app on my MAC Book Pro (15" 2018) with IOS Catalina 10.15.2

Best Answer

Answers

• GMac01
    GMac01 Posts: 2

I have the same issue with the same set up except for a MacBookPro 13"

• grdi

When I switch to "speed optimized" in the blizz settings it works correct. But for the meeting room this video quality is not enough

• oljo
    oljo Posts: 4

Logitech c925e: Preview is allo good, but video picture sent is upside down with wrong colors. This needs to get fixed as Logitech is market leader for external cams. 

• grdi

I have now also tested another external camera. It's more of a noname called "Dericam".

It is a very cheap camera. I just wanted to see how this camera worked with Blizz.

The malfunction is unfortunately exactly the same as with the one from Logitech.

So dear people of Blizz. You should work out a bug fix.

• oljo
    oljo Posts: 4

Have just tested the MACOS update. Looks perfect now with Logitech c925e. Hopefully fixed for the other users as well. Thanks!!!

• grdi

Thanks for MAC OS update. Everthing works fine now.

• Roland7
    Roland7 Posts: 2

I have the same problem with Windows 10 too. I'm using a Logitech BCC950 conference camera with OBS Virtual Cam. After trying to choose my BCC950 within the settings dialog I can't drop down the camera list. Instead the app crashes. After a restart of Blizz the app crashes after a few seconds without doing anything.

I tested with other conference software (**Third Party Product**, **Third Party Product**, **Third Party Product**) and everything worked fine here. Since it is meant to be using Blizz for a webinar within short time, we urgentlich need a bug fix.

Best regards Roland

• SofiaPavl
    SofiaPavl Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Hello @Roland7 ,

thank you for reaching us!

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems with Blizz and camera: would it be possible that you send feedback through the app and include your logfiles next time this happens, so that we can investigate why this is happening?

If you have a license that supports it, you can also contact support (submit a ticket) in order to send you crash logs as well.

Best,

Sofia

Product Owner TeamViewer Meeting

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

• Roland7
    Roland7 Posts: 2

Is there anything new to my case? I sent the log files directly from Blizz on the same day of your reply three weeks ago. I'm still waiting for a solution. Blizz crashes on my Notebook and on my desktop. In July there is a webinar that I am supposed to run with Blizz. If there is no solution to my problem I must cancel the webinar. Here is the last dialog - after a few seconds Blizz crahses / terminates without any further hint:

Crash.jpg