Android Host Autostart

drDubbelklick
drDubbelklick Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way of disabling incoming connections from a PC configured to connect to my Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, so I have installed the S3 Host. It feels like I leave a security hole open.

Imagine I would give a friend remote support using this setup. He or she would then be have the phone open for me the rest of the future, or am I missing something here?

/Thomas J. Ekman
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• drDubbelklick
    drDubbelklick Posts: 4 ✭✭

I found out myself how to mark a solution as an answer, which was the original contents of this post.

/Thomas J. Ekman
  • _azure
    _azure Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a related question. If I have both the Host app ( I have installed it on a Lenovo android phone) and the quick support app installed on the phone, would the host app allow me to access the phone whenever I want to? or would the quick support app prevent the unattended access?

I am not able to access the phone unattended and I suspect that the quick support app is preventing it. So should I uninstall the quick support app and keep just the host app to be able to access the phone unattended?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi _azure,

The QuickSupport app and host app can both be installed and used at the same time.

However, an important thing to note, you cannot connect to android with an ID and Password for unnatended access. The device must be assigned to an account (this is done inside the host app) and then selected from your contacts list for you to connect to this.

I hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • _azure
    _azure Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Scotty,

Thank you for the answer. I have the device assigned to an account in the QuickSupport app. So I guess I have to do the same in the host app too.

Also, is it possible that lenovo android kills the host app when the phone is not being used and is unattended ?