Android Pie (9.0) keyboard issue

chodthewacko
chodthewacko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Has anyone else used this on Android Pie (9.0)?

And if so, are you seeing any issues with the keyboard?

I was using it great on android 8.  I upgraded to 9 and I'm having an issue with the keyboard.

On 8, the keyboard will appear on the bottom and the top will 'adjust' so the bottom of the screen is above the keyboard.  On 9, the keyboard is appearing OVER the bottom of the screen so I can't see the bottom of the screen at all.   and there is a black bar under the keyboard, where the 'normal buttons' (change .   

Tagged:

Comments

• Shaltout
    Shaltout Posts: 2
    do you found any solutions about this issue ? i tried all options and no help
  • chodthewacko
    chodthewacko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Note:  still doesn't work

I re-installed the app today (may 2), and updated the teamviewer windows app 14.2.8352.

keyboard still covers up bottom of screen, can't see what I'm typing if the netry box is under the keyboard

• Shaltout
    Shaltout Posts: 2
    the only way .. you can use split screen mode in your mobile .. and reduce the size of the second screen to the minimum .. it will work well
  • Does anyone found a solution for this bug on Android 9? Can't find answers.... (((

• A_K
    A_K Posts: 1

I can confirm this issue for Android 9 and 10 on a OnePlus 6 and  Android 10 on the 7t Pro, while on Android 9 on a Samsung Galaxy S8 I don't have it. So maybe Samsung's firmware due to all their modifications works around this.

Either way, this issue is existing for at least 1.5 years and still not fixed, which makes our use so tedious that it actually holds my employer back from increasing the subscription, using TeamViewer only as fallback... 

• When the blue toolbar at the bottom of the screen is enabled, it works as expected. Unfortunately the toolbar hides itself after a few seconds on it's own :(

A fix would be very nice.

• I face exactly the same. If i swipe up so the back, circle and square buttons appear, the screen moves above the keyboard. After a wile the buttons disappear and the screen jumps back begind the keyboard. Unusable like this unfortunately.