Android add-on app "Out of space"

MarLabs
MarLabs Posts: 1

Can't install add-on to "Host" app. It says "QS Add-On couldn't be installed. Free up some space". Which is not very accurate.

..Screenshot_20170126-213025.pngScreenshot_20170126-213053.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sihmm
    Sihmm Posts: 1

I have the exact same issue, running Android 7.1.1 via LineageOS 14.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, and from the screenshot it looks like I'm using the same package manager as the OP.

My /data partition has 2,515.5MB of space available, and I'm able to install other apps from the Play store as well as download and install large APKs, all of which are going straight to Internal Storage (/data).

QS Addon is the only APK so far to have thrown up this issue.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Sihmm,

I'm afraid if you're running LineageOS, or any other unofficial custom ROM, then this will certainly be the reason why the Add-On is not installing.. The Add-On will only work, and is only supported, on the official stock firmware from the device manufacturer. The reason is that the Add-On must be digitally signed by the device manufacturer in order to work, due to the advanced functionality it provides, and as a result it can only work on the manufacturer's own firmware. We have no control over this.

Rooted devices with stock firmware are also not supported for the same reason.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • cyberdev
    cyberdev Posts: 1

Here is a screenshot of the installation of the add on on lineage OS 7.1.1
    It seems that there is a problem with creating of the folders
    I don't think that it is a problem of space, because all other apps can be installed without a problem. Teamviewer Quick Support and TeamViewer Host apps can be installed without any problems. On a Android 6 system i dont have any problems with the installation of the addon. 

torsten.jpg

• Jeremy

Hy @cyberdev,

Yes, in this case the issue is certainly that you're running on LineageOS, which, as mentioned above, is not supported at all for the Add-Ons.

The Add-Ons are only supported on the official, unrooted, stock firmware of the respective mobile device.

Regards,
    Jeremy
  • so you will never support LineageOS?

• Jeremy

The TeamViewer Add-Ons, which provide the remote control functionality, must be digitally signed by the respective device manufacturers in order to work. As a result, the Add-Ons can only run on each manufacturer's own stock firmware. The manufacturers won't allow the Add-Ons to run on unofficial firmware such as LineageOS.

Regards,
    Jeremy
  • T-T
    T-T Posts: 1
  • I did clean the caches of several apps, problem still there. I can't just go into /Android/data and just delete stuff! How can I install the add-on on internal storage instead?

@Jeremy wrote:

You'll need to find some way of freeing up some space on whichever partition your device is using to install its apps.

My phone installs apps on the internal storage, which is the problem. And your addon tries to install where it claims it's full, but I suspect it's a read-only filesystem, because it's the OS itself that is there.