Broadcast button doesn't behave as expected

Hi all,

I am trying to roll out Teamviewer QS to 300x iPads however I cannot get two installations to behave the same during my testing.

Team Viewer 14.2.2558

QuickSupport 14.2.9 QS

iOS versions: Various iOS 12 builds

iPads: iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad 2018

The "Start Broadcast" button that resides within the teamview app seems a bit flakey andin all test instances doesnt work on the 1st attempt.

In all tests, I had to add the Screen Recording feature to the the Control Centre, long hold, select TeamViewer then "Start Broadcast". All of this I had to do after launching the Teamviewer app once otherwise it didnt appear in the list.

Afterwhich, I was able to go back to Quick Support and was able to share the screen.

After 1 connection has been established and terminated the inbuilt  "Start Broadcast" seems to work occasionally. Sometimes there is the "TeamViewer" logo in the popup (and then it works) and other times there is not and when you press "Start Broadcast", nothing happens.

A "nice to have" feature request  here would the box disappers once broadcasted had been established rather than requiring the user to tap on the screen somewhere.

As far as I am aware, the iOS's Control centre is not controllable via a profile setting and therefore would have to rely on 300x indiviudal users to manualy setup their control centre which makes me nervous.

Additionally, once the session has been completed, the user needs to manually stop broadcasting on iOS. Force closing the app doesnt even stop it.

However I am more concerned that I cannot establish a standardised process for connecting and disconnecting.

I have trawlled the forums and knowledge base and this was the best I could find: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-share-the-screen-on-my-iPad-iPhone-with-TeamViewer/ta-p/4734#toc-hId--**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** However its point on "TeamViewer 14 and iOS 12" I have proven to be false.

Can anyone advise please?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello???

• I wish I could say I have a solution for you...

Instead I'm chiming in because I too am having inconsistent results with the built-in "Start Broadcast" button.  In some instances, the button is available, which saves time and training of users.  But in other cases, it is not available, and the instructions for using control center are shown in a short animation.

Hardware/software in question: iPhone 6 & 7, iOS v13.3.1, QuickSupport v15.2.1 OS

Could someone explain under what conditions each of these behaviors should occur.  Is it difference between phone hardware?