Help please! :( How to automatically allow remote access?

roei
roei Posts: 3
edited January 2022 in Mobile

Hey,

I have an old android phone which I use as a home security camera. From time to time, the security-cam app crashes (but the device stays on). I want to be able to remotely control that phone so that I could reopen that app. The problem is that I'm not near that device, and there's no one to open the TeamViewer QuickSupport app and press the "allow" button.... 

So, is it possible to gain remote control over that device automatically?

Thanks,

Roei.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi roei,

Absolutely, but you need a different app.

QuickSupport is for exactly what is sounds like, Quickly Supporting another person.

If you want to have unattended access to your device, you need to use the Host app
    This is able to be set up for unattended access.

I hope this answers your question!
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • roei

Almost!

Thank you Scotty for replying.

While using the QuickSupport worked well, but here, I installed the Host app (on the device I want to control) and approved it to be a trusted device for my account. When I try to connect (with the computer, I understand you can't do it with another device via th TeamViewer app?), there's an error that reads: "Unfortunately, a connection to this device is not possible with this version of TeamViewer".

I checked on the device, it says the TeamViewr Host version I installed is 13/1/8752HM.

What can I do?

• roei
    Thank you very much, it's working now!
  • WanS
    WanS Posts: 1
    Hello, my phone kept prompting me to allow connection of screen recording. It wasn't like this previously. now it kept prompting me to tap on Allow on my other phone. I've checked app permission setting but it only shows Storage permission. Help
  • Same issue. I need to be able to remote control from a PC without anyone hitting accept on the Android side using host or quick connect 

• FrkFrkFrk
    FrkFrkFrk Posts: 6 ✭✭

hello,

Teamviewer HOST for IOS us not available ?

So we always need to confirm that we allow access to mobile from computer ?

Thank you for your confirmation.

• ahboy
    ahboy Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi can anyone help ans my question?

Can i use a andriod phone to remotely control another android phone without anyone hitting accept on the Android??

I had no problem using my andriod phone to remotly control my pc automatically without hitting aceept on my pc.

Thanks

• skywardfire
    skywardfire Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem, I set up host and addone, i can control my another phone. But when i try to recconect on my controlled phone there is necessity to click accept button which of course i can not push when im far away. So whats the point of the host then?

• Remley
    Remley Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

When I am trying to connect remotely from android to android even I added the host as a trusted host, when I am connecting to the other phone it is still asking to allow the connection. There is any way I can connect directly and manage the phone?

• Dimasdaffa
    Dimasdaffa Posts: 1

Automatic acses