Insider Build 15 on PC but cant access from phone running build 14

Midjet76
Midjet76 Posts: 20 ✭✭

I now have both of my home PC's ie main PC and HTPC running TeamViwer Insider builds but when I tried to login to HTPC from McDonalds using my Android phone while having a coffee I couldn't access my PC but got Incompatible versions message.  Is there an insider build for android or do I have to reinstall on PC without insider build being activated?

Cheers.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Midjet76

OK Thanks Natascha, That's what I expected to be the answer.

Have a nice day.

• KhalsaJings
    KhalsaJings Posts: 3 ✭✭

My issue is related but not exactly the same. I am on Linux xxxxxx 5.3.11-300.fc31.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 12 19:08:07 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux, Fedora 31, version 14.7.1965. My Debian 10 and Windows 10 PCs have auto-upgraded to Version:15.0.8397 Preview Date: Nov 6, 2019. I have been unable to find a way to get the TeamViewer 15 Preview on my Fedora 31 PC as the "Update Channel" is Greyed Out. Advanced Options does not show the Insider builds option.

• Midjet76

Looks like the same applies to you, either wait for update or take your other 2 PC back to earlier and compatible version with your liux PC.  As far as I know that means uninstalling 15 and reinstalling earlier version.

• KhalsaJings
    KhalsaJings Posts: 3 ✭✭

(a) I just received an OTA Release 15.0.13 on my Pixel 3XL. So, that part is solved. (b) For the Update channel being greyed out on Linux Fedora 31, I reverted to my tried and true Debian Buster (10) build which allows me to invoke the Preview Update channel. So, all good on my primary PC now.  (c) Yes, I am a home | private user. Cursed by too many years in the IT industry, now retired, I tend to overthink things and lucky for me I had installed **Third Party Product** on two of my critical remote PCs - which came in absolutely handy when I was unable to reach them via TeamViewer. (d) The only remaining issue is the Preview build, Release 15.x, for my remote Raspberry Pi 4B which is still at 14.x - which is not an issue but would be nice for consistency across my PCs.