Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

Answers

• Not for us...  Huawei P8 Lite with Android 7 , Host V.12.3.7266 installed, no remote control.  It actually installed "QuickSupport Add-On Huawei 2", Ver.12.1.6907 , and it connects, but the Remote Control option does nothing.

Please, is there a fix for that ??   We need the remote option !!

Thanks,

Manuel

•  I FREQUENTLY CONFIGURE ANDROID DEVICES RUNNING THE MOST CURRENT ANDROID TV OS.  THE DEVICES IN QUESTION ARE THE XIAOMI MIBOX (3rd Gen) AND THE NVIDIA SHIELD TV CONSOLE.    I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING A TEAM VIEWER QUICK SUPPORT LICENSE FOR VERSION 11.0.76421 WHICH I AM USING ON A WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP.  HOW DO I GAIN COMPLETE REMOTE CONTROL OF THESE DEVICES DESCRIBED ABOVE?  (I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE USING MY CURRENT LICENSE AS IT WAS INDEED EXPENSIVE AND CONSIDERING SUCH I SHOULD BE CAPABLE OF REMOTING IN TO ANY DEVICE RUNNING THE ANDROID TV OS).

• Tuaner
    Tuaner Posts: 4

It does seem as though it is the compatible devices.  I installed Quick support on an S8 and I had the same blue hand with no clicking on the screen.  I connected to an S7 Active and I had full control.  

• Joni
    Joni Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Tuaner wrote:

It does seem as though it is the compatible devices.  I installed Quick support on an S8 and I had the same blue hand with no clicking on the screen.  I connected to an S7 Active and I had full control.  

Yes, that´s right. On two different mobiles it works perfectly (bq Aquaris X5 Plus & bq Aquaris X Pro). Using the Motorola Moto G 2nd edition it's not working.

• Oliver_L
    Oliver_L Posts: 4 ✭✭

When will you support the new Nokia (HMD Global) Android smartphones for remote control? TeamViewer and Host are working fine, Host just does not yet allow to control the phone, it just displays a virtual finger for the operator to tap locally.

Supported-manufacturers-for-remotely-controlling-Android-devices

• On LG Nexus 4 and on LG Nexus 5 I also only see the "blue finger" and can´t control remote. What I have to enable for remote control?

• same issue with sony xzp

• Same issue on the new Google Pixel phones

• Galaxy Note 3, LineAge OS, Android 7.1.2 - same problem.

• my wife using alcatel pixi 4 plus power, have same problem screen sharing only i need to fully remote her device, hope you make a fix to this problem thank you in advance
  • Mine too, Xperia XZ Premium, any solution???

• For my Gigaset GS170 (Android 7) the full remote control is not possible ("These devices can not be controlled by firmware restrictions"). Is there anything I can do about it? An app "Add-On: Gigaset" for Teamviewer QS is not available.

• I onlly nbow get this message on Pixel Google phone with Andoid 8.0.0

• I have an LG G4 cellphone.

When it was on stock ROM (Android 6.0), Teamviewer worked perfectly for remote control. But when I updated to LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1), it no longer asks me for the add-on and says "This device supports screen sharing only"

It is the same hardware, so I don't understand.

Incidentally, my Samsung S4 remote control works perfectly on LineageOS (after putting the add-on file in the right folder, problem known).

Please help.

• were you able to resolve it.

trying to control a nexus 5 from a galaxy s5, click does not work 

• I can´t resolve it yet. No new informations from Teamviewer, no comment.

That´s no good service. They can say, no it won´t work, but no comment...

• I am hoping that the new Teamviewer that is in Beta right now will address some of these issues.  The teamviewer update is focused quite extensively on mobile control so fingers crossed.  

• adsodamelk
    adsodamelk Posts: 6 ✭✭

Unfortunatley TW doesnt' support Xiaomi devices!

Please ask Teamviewer crew to start working on Xiaomi...

• Ymca
    Ymca Posts: 3
    "good number of people using it"
    How can TeamViewer"people, know how many people want to use the app on their Xiaomi when they cannot use it?
    Did they asked people with a survey or something like that?
  • Hello.

I Installed team viewer quick support on Mxq 4K pro and when I open it sends me to the advanced tab, so I click Install addon and the following message is showed:
    "
    Remotely Control this device
    This device supports the addcional "remote control" feature. Please contact out support for further information.
    OS firmware: AOSP 1
    https://www.teamviewer.com/support/contact/submit-a-ticket
    "

What I have to do?

Thank in advance,
    S.

• pedrodavidbc
    pedrodavidbc Posts: 2 ✭✭

Llevo usando este programa en diversos telefonos y nunca tuve un problema hasta hoy, el caso esque he adquirido un Xaomi Redme 4x y cuando intento entrar en el desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 bien pero a la hora de entrar en el Xiaomi no me deja hacer nada, sale un dedo, el teclado esta desactivado, no puedo abrir nada, os dejo un video del problema, gracias, espero porfavor que se resuelva cuanto antes.
    Video:
    https://youtu.be/Mg6wjXLJKrI

Google translator:

I have been using this program on various phones and never had a problem until today, the case I have purchased a Xaomi Redme 4x and when I try to enter the Samsung Galaxy S7 right but when entering the Xiaomi does not let me do anything , a finger comes out, the keyboard is deactivated, I can not open anything, I leave a video of the problem, thank you, I hope please resolve it as soon as possible.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Everyone,

Obviously there are a fair number of users using Xaomi devices, it is not the case that we are just waiting until there are enough before developing.

The issue is exactly as I posted before, we have restrictions that mean we ABSOLUTELY require the manufacturers cooperation.

Unfortunately we do not have this from Xaomi, so there has been no add-on developed.

It is in as a feature request, but as we must wait for this I cannot say if or when we will have this feature available.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • One more device to add: Pixel C Tablet

I connect and can see the screen (mirroring works and display changes with what's on device) but I cannot interact with it, just see the blue hand.

Ubuntu 16.04
  • Yo también tengo este mismo problema. Moto G5

• pedrodavidbc
    pedrodavidbc Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Si a base de buskar y buskar tio consegui una, xk todas las demas lo msm no funcionan, aki t la dejo se llama: U Assist

• Same for Pixel 2 XL

• Any update on the HMD line of Nokia phones with remote control and not displaying finger tap symbol?

• I have an LG nexus 5x, but it still won't let me control it?

• origami
    origami Posts: 12 ✭✭

Using Teamviewer Host 13.0.7847 on Pixel 2 XL Android version 8.0.0.  Getting "This device supports screen sharing only" message.  Does Teamviewer support monitor this board?  Is there any hope for being able to control this phone remotely?  Are there any alternatives to Teamviewer that can do this?

• What is the solution