Android Host Only Viewable in Landscape Mode

TV1
TV1 Posts: 1

Hey guys!  I have a new installation of TeamViewer Host on Android tablet.  Remote control works great when table is in landscape orientation but turns to wavy lines when tablet is turned to portrait orientation (see pics).  Any suggestions on fix?

image (1).pngimage.png

Tagged:

Comments

• smort058
    smort058 Posts: 1

I'm noticing the same problem, except for me since I'm using my phone and not a tablet, the problem occurs when I turn my phone from portrait to landscape view. The Teamviewer client doesn't know to switch its orientation to landscape and the result is the landscape image being squished into the portrait frame. When turning the phone back to portrait, it does not revert to the correct display, and instead shows only a small zoomed in portion.

• Soukenik
    Soukenik Posts: 3

Hi @PeterBrunner@Julia@Esther@Fabian_S or other staff member,

we are experiencing the same problem here. The reason of the problem is somewhere in Android app probably, as we are experiencing the same problem in all the clients whilst trying to connect the remote device (from win, ios, other android).

Do you have any idea how to solve it or if it is on your road plan to check this?

Thank you

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi Soukenik,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please tell us which device you are using and which Android version is installed?

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Soukenik
    Soukenik Posts: 3

Hi @Julia,

Lenovo TB3-710F, Android 5.0.1, latest factory defualt rom.

Petr

• Hey, @PeterBrunner@Julia@Esther@Fabian_S or other staff member,

still no answer or even patch fort this issue?

Thanks

• Hansel
    Hansel Posts: 1
    Hi Team,
    @PeterBrunner, @Julia, @Esther, @Fabian_S
    I am facing this issue as well. Looks like it's been like this for a while. Is there any fix for this ? I'm really looking forward to using the mirroring feature to suit my needs but this problem seems to persist. I would really appreciate if you look into this. Thanks