Android Tablet Touch Interactions NOT WORKING

I have a teamviewer licence and am a long time user.  From a windows 10 touch screen laptop I can use touch interactions to another windows pc without any issues.  I recently loaded teamviewer onto an android 7.0 tablet with an 8 inch screen.  I can go to settings and select touch interaction best fit but when I try and remote in I get a mouse interaction welcome screen and mouse interactions only.  Without closing the session I can go into settings and it shows touch interactions as selected.  Changing this to mouse interactions and back to touch interactions did nothing.  It remains as mouse interactions only. There is no "hand" icon on the bottom bar to enable touch interactions.

Yesterday I tried a Samsung Tablet S4 with Android 8.1 and teamviewer with the exact same results.  The S4 has a 10.5" screen and there was no "hand" icon on the bottom bar and the options are all set to touch interactions.

I understand that loading Android teamviewer on a phone with less than 6.5" screen locks out the touch interactions.  I am also using a Samsung S9 phone with teamviewer and touch interactions are not in the settings.

S9 phone works as expected with mouse interactions only.  Windows 10 works with both touch and mouse interactions.  Android tablets work with only mouse interactions.  All remoting to the same windows pc that has touch enabled.

How can I get touch interactions on an Android tablet?

Tagged:

Comments

• @Esther help?

• loqk
    loqk Posts: 1

nevermind, I have just discovered that pixel phones are not supported, screen sharing only.

• I had the same problem. But once I updated to the lastest version of TeamViewer on my PC, the touch interaction option appears again.

Hope this help.