Android start as a service

T481
T481 Posts: 4

Hi,

I've installed this on my son's tablet to keep an eye on his tablet but it doesn't seem to start up automatically. I have to launch the application manually. My son's tablet is a Lenovo Yoga 3 Plus running Android v 6.0.1.

Is there a way to get the Host app to launch automatically at startup in the background? I'm happy to make it "Admin" if necessary. Also, I've installed the Lenovo Addon to enable remote screen viewing. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Eduardo
    Eduardo Posts: 39 Staff member 🤠

Hello,

You can try the TeamViewer Host for Android, this would run as a service, you can find it under: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

Cheers,

Eduardo

• T481

Hi Ricardo,

This is the version I'm referring to. I've installed the "Host" version, set it up but it fails to startup. I'm using it on 2 x Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus  YT-X703F tablets

• T481

Any news on this?

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear T481,

Thank you for your post.

To find out a solution for you, Did you try to re-install the software?

We are looking forward to your comments.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • T481

I have and I've tested it on 3 identical Yoga 3 tablets all with the same results.

• ITLA
    ITLA Posts: 24 ✭✭

I have exactly the same problem. Host does not start automatically, you have to start the app manually.

Modell: Huawei T1-701u

I need to run Host as a service on 140 Tablets!!
    Need urgent HELP!!

• Pethson
    Pethson Posts: 2
    Any news on this?
  • Have same  issue on Huawei Honor (U8860)

TeamViewer, please fix issue! 

• ITLA
    ITLA Posts: 24 ✭✭

is there a solution?

• BGI
    BGI Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem on multiple Galaxy S7 phones.

• Recently have seen this on Samsung Tab-E tablets 

• @Eduardo wrote:

Hello,

You can try the TeamViewer Host for Android, this would run as a service, you can find it under: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

Cheers,

Eduardo

I've installed the TeamViewer Host but it doesn't function the way I want it to. Is there any way we can automatically get Teamviewer opened at the startup in the background of the device?

• hofs1
    hofs1 Posts: 1

I just ran into this problem on a Motorola phone running 7.1.....it would not start running after a reboot no matter what i tried........after looking at the install package (permisions dats STORAGE) i noticed it got installed to the External SD Card ( I have a 32gig u3 card in "Adopted" mode) as soon as i moved it the Phone memory it works properly.

• BGI
    BGI Posts: 2 ✭✭

I resolved this in 2 ways.

First, I was using the old Samsung Host app which is no longer needed on Samsung devices. I started using Host for Android app which is the recommended app.

Second, if you are using an older version of TeamViewer it will not support the standby mode of the host app. It is not supported in 11, so when the mobile device is in standby it just shows as offline and you can't connect. I can't speak for v12. It is supported in v13 and all of my devices show as standby. When I try to connect it initiates the app on the device and comes online and connects.

• APatET
    APatET Posts: 1

I was not able to get Host to autostart on a Lenovo Tab 4 upon reboot.  It required a manual start on the device, which eliminates the 'unattended access' benefit of this app.  It worked previously on other Android tablets.

Using the recomendations of community posts, I was still unable to get Host to start as a Service, until yesterday.  After a bunch of testing, I stumbled accross my problem, perhaps it is is your as well.

It turns out that Android 7 introduced new  'Configure Apps' options.  After turning 'On' Host under 'Background App Refresh' it automatically starts on boot up again, thus solving my problem.  To find this setting  go to -->Setting-->Apps-->top right corner tap the little setting gear-->Background App Refresh-->turn on Host app.

Note; this is Android 7 specific.  Good luck, hope this helps...

• This will wipe your beginning and end data like messages, phone memory, contacts, applications. change IMEI number without root Thusly, you should need to fortification your device and after that you can restore it.

• jamesduo
    jamesduo Posts: 1

You can try the TeamViewer Host for Android, this would run as a service, you can find it under: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

Official APp Link.

• You can also try latest TeamViewer Andriod Version: https://play.google.com/store/apk/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

• I have exactly the same problem. Host does not start automatically, you have to start the app manually.

Modell: Huawei T1

I need to run Host as a service on 140 Tablets!!
    Please any one help me. my name is vanity mirrors.

• ryanx
    ryanx Posts: 1

is something problem like not allowed on this version of Android, I install [Link Removed By Moderator] and the error is showing to stop install this app.

Help Me

• griffiths
    griffiths Posts: 1

Don't worry, I am also using the Lenovo Yoga and it's working pretty fine for me after updating the client to the latest version and make sure you have allowed necessary permissions to the app while installing/configuring.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

Find out the updated and latest version above.

Cheers!

• emrys
    emrys Posts: 1

The Solution is quiet simple: 

Android Oreo 8.0/8.1:
    Go to Settings -> Apps -> Select "Host" App
    Select "Batterie optimization"
    Select "Host" App and deactivate optimization.

That's all :)

Regards,
    Sascha

• luci38
    luci38 Posts: 1

@hareeshreddy wrote:

@Eduardowrote:

Hello,

Cheers,

Eduardo

I've installed the TeamViewer Host but it doesn't function the way I want it to. Is there any way we can automatically get Teamviewer opened at the startup in the background of the device?

Hello, good afternoon, I tried to download TeamViewer from Google Play and I didn't have any problem with the download, installation or use of the application. Everything's working fine. Greetings and thanks.

• good
  • Androias
    Androias Posts: 1

Our company has the same issue with Vodafone VFD 620. We have more than 100 o them and a well paid TV licence.

It seems that the service is not firing up on boot. After the first manual launch, the unattender connection will work smoothly, but after reboot, we have same problem again. 

We have removed Host app (and add-on) from the battery optimization program, also we have allowed to use the network without restriction while in background. Nothing helps. (our model asks for Alcatel(H) add-on)

SOS TV,

• I was also facing the same problem but after one or two updates it stopped. But then after some time i also facing the same problem with i was working on rehalon. Again After getting updates to till now it is working very well.

• I just installed all the latest TeamViewer apps on my brand new BlackView BV9100 and the Host app still doesn't start by default.  It requires the owner of the phone to start the app manually.  What is the problem here?  Why can't TeamViewer answer the question about how to make this work?   This is the primary function of their highly touted Host app, right?

I have disabled Battery Optimization for all the TeamView apps, including the add-on, and allowed them all the permissions they request.  I restart the phone, and the phone shows as Offline continuously in TeamViewer management console.

Thank you for any help.

• lassyter
    lassyter Posts: 1

I am Android user and my comments and suggestions applies only to Android related apps ,system and users.

As many users having this problem to remote access host app, I am facing same problem as well. Seems like the issue exist for many years now accordind to older comments on this and other posts as well, as my personal experience.

Everthing started few years ago when newer android systems requires to unlock the phone to load all non priority apps. On first boot only few system apps/services are going to start such phone, messaging and some messenger apps(in my case WhatsApp).

My question is , is it not possible Team viewer Host app to be added to these start up apps with high privileges to be able to run at start Before unlock the phone with password/pattern. If I am unable to access and unlock remote device remotely what is point of having this App?

I do have Work around for my needs but this is not How is supposed to be. For anyone here using Android devices :1with this issue I can suggest to try this if they are happy with that

1. Remove your screen lock password from remote device .- this will let all needed apps/services to start . If you really need to have lockscreen password you can use third party screen lock app from play store ,that will not blocking other apps from loading.
    2. Allow all permissions for Host app, also set battery optimization to don't optimize
    3. Set a messenger app (I use WhatsApp) or if you have Sim card on your remote device may do the job. - this is because even without lockscreen password if phone goes idle/sleep you need to wake the phone up by making a voice call(sending message doesn't work for me)
    4. Now when you have all these 3 steps done you can go ahead and send a teamviever remote control request and while trying to conect you need to wake the remote device by making a voice call and hang up. Return to team viever app and voila you should have access to your remote device.

Hope my work around will be useful for some people here. And will be looking ahead for TeamViewer team to sort this issue as soon as possible. Have a nave day all :)