Can't input my email and password in TW in android device

Hi i have the follow problem.

I have been using the Team Viewer app from my Samsumg S8 to control my PC windows 10, all use to work normally, but 5 days ago the app screen don't allow me to input the mail and password to access to my account.

I try by un install the app and install again, no results.

Try from a Huawei P8 lite, no results

Try from Samsumg S5, no results.

In the three cases from the devices that use android the app don't allow me to input my mail and pass.

But when i use other PC windows 10, can normally input, and access to control my other computer.

Could any one help me to undertand what is happeing with TW and why don't enable to input the email and password in my android devices.?, remember all works normally 5 days ago.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @OPmotors

Thanks for your post.

1. Are the fields greyed out or what happens exactly?

2. Which app version are you using?

3. Are you using the TeamViewer Remote Control app?

Thanks in advance and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Same here, doesn't work now on my Huawei tablet (android 8.0.0, teamviewer 13.2.9356 CL) but works on my Samsung S7 Edge (Android 8.0.0, teamviewer 13.2.9356 CL). Both devices working okay otherwise on same WiFi network.

The place for sign in and sign up is there, but all greyed out. Can't enter email or password & both buttons unavailable.

Have reinstalled from the Play Store. No joy.
  • I'm having the same issue for the last 5 days, re-installation does not work.
    The fields are not greyed out, but we cannot provide any input. I'm using 13.2.9356 CL version on my android (7.0) Lenovo P42 phone.
  • BCon
    BCon Posts: 3

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S9+.

The fields are greyed out; I can't enter any text or click on "sign in" or "sign up".

I'm using version 13.2.9356 CL.

I am using TeamViewer for Remote Control.

Thanks

• I am having the same issue on version 13.2.9356

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ac8blJQ
  • Hi Esther and all team.
    I found the reason of my problem.
    The problem appears when i try to connect using a wifi connection.
    When I use the data package from my cellphone all works right.
    I assume that was designed that way to avoid someone hack your data connection from a wifi signal.

In short words this is not a problem is a feature.
    Thanks.
  • BCon

It looks like I can't enter these fields when I am on a WiFi network that blocks teamViewer connections.

I can login via the website but I cannot connect to my computers.

This isn't a teamViewer feature, but a security measure on the WiFi network.

• That's great, except my tablet is wifi only :(

• Odd, I am having the exact opposite experience. I can log in connected to Wifi but apparently not over a cell network.

• tmn
    tmn Posts: 1

Having same issue on oneplus5 and Huawei tablet. I can't see why not connecting through WiFi would be a feature?!

• Any updates on this?

• I am still having this issue but I have seen no solution.  It has all gone a bit quiet.  Is anyone from Teamviewer looking at this or have I missed something along the way?  Thanks folks.

• BCon

The problem for me was that the WiFi network at my work would block the way teamviewer connects to other computers. That is part of the security at my work.

When I went home I could use teamviewer on WiFi without issue.

Also, when I was at work I could turn off WiFi on my phone and wait about 5 minutes then I was able to use teamviewer on my phone.

So, from what I can see, this is not a problem with teamviewer.

• I have the problem conssistantly. If im connected to my home wifi router it will not allow me to connect to my PC, or sign in at all. I disconnect from my wifi and problem solved every time. Might be my firewall in the router, or other traffic issues. But it did work on older versions of T.V. You might try disconnecting from a home internet on one of the 2 devices?

• I still cannot access my Windows PC from an Android device. recently upgraded to Team Viewer 14..0.13880. The Phone has 13.2.9356.

I have accessed the PC before and never had to log in to Team Viewer , I just entered the device number and password and got in.

Now the App is asking me to log in to my TV account, which I didn't even know I had until now, but having done so I still cannot access the PC.

Have just now tried to access another PC running same version of TV and Windows (but in the UK) and got an error from TV saying Incompatible TeamViewer versions.

• JSloc
    JSloc Posts: 1
    I don't see how it's a wifi issue. The app worked fine for me until yesterday, now there is a circle spinning on Sign In button. I can sign in with no issue on my laptop on the same wifi network.
  • I should have added the folowing: when I try to connect from my cellphone, the wifi sometimes wont allow me to connect to my PC. I disconnect and it let's me login. But also check versions. If one autoupdated and the other didn't you cannot connect. Not a fully immersive troubleshooting. Just some things I've ran into.
  • I had the same problem which was caused from adgurad app. When I killed adguard I could input email and pss to connect.

• Ugumba
    Ugumba Posts: 1
    I found that AdGuard blocks Teamviewer connections.
  • exactly same issue using team viewer app with samsung s9 - and despite paying team viewer a couple of grand a year for its services i don't get a response or see one on here

poor

• precisely same issue with samsung s9- team viewer stuck on loading symbol. no reply on here-no reply from support

not sure what i spend my couple of grand a year on for this

• RDN
    RDN Posts: 8

Same here. I can't believe this has been complained about for so long with little or no response or fix from TV.

This is what I see. I edited the image to remove my email address:

teamviewer edit.JPG

The email and password fields are greyed out and cannot be changed.

The wheel is spinning.

I can tap the Connect button and connect OK after I enter the target PCs ID and password. But that is complicated - I have to run Teamviewer on the target to determine its ID and password.

I have 5 Windows computers in my house so I want to be able to connect to any of them, not remember all their IDs and passwords, just like I do from my main PC.

And it would be nice if the Teamviewer program would stop accusing me of being in a commercial environment. I am not.

Don't more people have 5 PCs and a phone?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi All,

Thank you for your post. 

We are aware of an issue where it takes longer to sign in to the computer & contacts.
    However, it depends on your connectivity issue.

If you have a TeamViewer license, please submit a ticket.

If not, please read this article in order to find a solution with regards to the connectivity issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    I will keep you updated if I get more information.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • RDN
    RDN Posts: 8

Wow! Thank you Yuri - it's now working fine! I had to add my android phone to my "Trusted devices" using the link in an email sent to me from TeamViewer.

So, whatever you guys have done appears to have worked. 

Thanks.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @RDN ,

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad that you found the solution!
    Please do not hesitate to post if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • It seems "port forwarding" needs to be enabled on the router. If port forwarding is disabled, TeamViewer's Android app will apparently fail to allow a user to log in.
  • CSM
    CSM Posts: 1

Solution:

Install older versión from TW website for Android. 

Install in your PCs:

https://teamviewer-portable.uptodown.com/windows/descargar/222667

BEST REGARDS FROM URUGUAY. 

Only connect by Ids. Screenshot_20190602-070441.pngScreenshot_20190602-070120.pngW10 PCW10 PCW7 PCW7 PCScreenshot_20190602-072406.png

• jwp0015
    jwp0015 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've had similar issues.  I could not connect to my work's WiFi, but everything started working once I activated my VPN.  I was then able to input my username and password, connect to PCs, and use the app properly.

I'm using a WiFi-only Samsung Tab S3 on Android Oreo with Private Internet Access as my VPN.  Not sure if these are related, but my work's network does not allow most VPN connections.  The VPN connection is only allowed if I use remote port 53.  PIA will auto cycle through ports to see if one works - maybe Teamviewer needs a similar feature?