Posted by MB_se
Henagon

Can't install Add-On: Samsung

The Teamviewer "Add-On: Samsung" wont install on Samsung Galaxy S10+. Works great on Samsung Galaxy S8.

I belive Teamviewer needs to publish an updated version on Google Play Store.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Can't install Add-On: Samsung

Hi all,

The addon and a new update for the app will be available in the Playstore within the next hours - please do not download the beta addon anymore!

Both - the addon and the app - need to be updated.

Cheers,

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
86 Replies
Posted by KlausNV
Digon

I have the same problem. Device is a Galaxy S10. I also think they have to publish an updated version of the add-o, because the last update was back in 2015.

Posted by BPC-Support
Digon

I'm having the same problem with Galaxy S9, android version 9.

Any word on a solution, workaround, or  a fix for this issue?

Posted by KlausNV
Digon

I think we have to wait until TeamViewer fix this issue. Or u step back to android 8 (oreo), if that is possible. 

Posted by Duh
Digon

Did anyone try to install the older version to see if it installed,
Posted by redrooster
Henagon

Re: Add-on: Samsung can't be installed from play store on S9+

Ah ok, hopefully they can fix the problem quickly. It's a shame it doesn't work on newer devices. Also no work around for it?

Posted by KlausNV
Digon

The Problem is that the app was build back in 2015 and is likely to have an old API (API Level 23?). Since android pie it is required to have at least API level 26.

So the only solution is to step back to android oreo or to wait until TeamViewer releases an update.

Posted by redrooster
Henagon

Not working on my S9+ either unfortunatley

Posted by taktlos
Henagon

Can someone from TeamViewer give us some details about the problem? On my Pixel 3 with Andoid 10, the screen sharing works (even though the remote control does not work)

Posted by Tom_56
Digon

I'm having the same problem with Galaxy S10e and S10.

Regards, Tom

Posted by kiberpsyx
Henagon

I had the same problem on Samsung Galaxy A50 with One UI 9.1
Can some one of developers fix it?

Posted by EddyAM2689
Henagon

The same thing happens to me, I think that since they have not updated Add-On: Samsung since 2015, and for Android 9 it does not work, that's why it gives an error every time I want to install it, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 + Android 9 One UI 1.1.

Please TeamViewer team update Add-On: Samsung.

Posted by nibintpl
Henagon

Same issue is with my new Galaxy A50. The Add-on is showed in the playstore but the installation is failed whenever I tried. Even though it woring well on my Galaxy A5 2017 model. Hope teamviewer team will fix this soon.

Highlighted
Posted by ErikB
Henagon

Same problem here. We have S9 and A8. Both devices can't install the Samsung add-on anymore. Now TeamViewer is not functioning anymore.

Any reply from TeamViewer would be greatly appreciated!

6 Replies
Posted by KlausNV
Digon

Hello guys,

i'm currently in contact with the TeamViewer Team about the problem. Their developers are still working on an update for the addon. But I have also good news:

I got an test version, which is working without any issues!!

I asked the Team, if i'm allowed to publish the apk here in the community, but until now no replay.

I will keep you up to date with the latest news.

Best regards,

Klaus

Posted by kiberpsyx
Henagon

Great News! Thank you very much!

Posted by Tom_56
Digon

Wow,

thanks for the information.
I really hope that after such a long time something finally happens.

Regards, Tom

Posted by nibintpl
Henagon

Oh. This is a great news. At last something good is going to happen.
Posted by redrooster
Henagon

Really glad to hear they're working on the problem!

Posted by Duh
Digon

So any word if you are allowed to share it yet, because we really need it!
Posted by KlausNV
Digon

First of all, i got no answer from the TeamViewer team about publishing the apk. But I got so many messages from you guys about the apk, that I decided to publish the link:

[expired link removed ]

Have fun with the APK. Maybe you can give some feedback, if things are broken or don't work.

Maybe you can spread some kudos ;-)

Posted by EddyAM2689
Henagon

Thanks, installed
Posted by nibintpl
Henagon

Thank you. I could install this version.
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

Thanks,

Installed on Galaxy S10, so far no problem.

Regards, Tom

Posted by Duh
Digon

Thanks alot! It works, the only isseu i can find is i can't wake up the phone if i connect, the screen is black and i can't push any button to wake it up. If i connect to my samsung j3 i get an blue button bar to wake up phone, i don't get it on my s8 and s9. Is there a work around for this? (The way i do it now is to call the phone and connect at the same time so the screen is on lol)
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

@Duh wrote:
Thanks alot! It works, the only isseu i can find is i can't wake up the phone if i connect, the screen is black and i can't push any button to wake it up. If i connect to my samsung j3 i get an blue button bar to wake up phone, i don't get it on my s8 and s9. Is there a work around for this? (The way i do it now is to call the phone and connect at the same time so the screen is on lol)

The problem I have not, the screen is synonymous black, but when I swipe with the mouse from the PC, the phone is woken up and I can enter the unlock code, via the PC.

My Phones:

- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10

Posted by Duh
Digon

What if try to connect from phone to phone? If i connect from my s8 to my s9 i can't wake up the phone because there is no button bar. If i connect from my s8 to my J3 i get a little blue button bar wich i can use to wake up the phone.
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

@Duh wrote:
What if try to connect from phone to phone? If i connect from my s8 to my s9 i can't wake up the phone because there is no button bar. If i connect from my s8 to my J3 i get a little blue button bar wich i can use to wake up the phone.

From phone to phone, I've never used TeamViewer.
I basically do this only from the PC to the phone.

Supplement:
I have just made the test, I remotely controlled the S10 with the S8, no problem. The TeamViewer host application is installed on the S10 and the Teamviewer remote control app on the S8.

Posted by Duh
Digon

Oke, but can you wake up the phone with your other phone if the screen is off, the remote works but only if i manually wake up the phone first
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

Unfortunately, if the S10 has not been used for a few minutes, the host application does not start automatically and the connection does not open.

Posted by Duh
Digon

Ok, try this for me, make a connection and if you are connected turn of your screen and see if you can wake up the phone
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

@Duh wrote:
Ok, try this for me, make a connection and if you are connected turn of your screen and see if you can wake up the phone
If I do it the way you want it with my S8, the screen of the S10 stays black and can not be woken up.
If I do it the way you want it with my PC, then I can wake up the S10.

Posted by Duh
Digon

And that is what is my problem, if i connect to my J3 i get this little bar like you would have if you turn on your phone (call it the taskbar if you want) but if i connect to my samsung s8 i don't get that so i cant press the middle button to wake up the phone
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

@Duh wrote:
And that is what is my problem, if i connect to my J3 i get this little bar like you would have if you turn on your phone (call it the taskbar if you want) but if i connect to my samsung s8 i don't get that so i cant press the middle button to wake up the phone

I understand your problem.
Since I use the remote control anyway only via a PC, it is less of a problem for me.
The Samsung PlugIn is only a pre-release, but I am glad that there is this pre-release,
because so I can also now finally use the TeamViewer remote control on the S10 and S10e.

Posted by VENDANGE
Electron

It's OK for me on Samsung S9.

Thank you.

@KlausNV wrote:

First of all, i got no answer from the TeamViewer team about publishing the apk. But I got so many messages from you guys about the apk, that I decided to publish the link:

[expired link removed ]

Have fun with the APK. Maybe you can give some feedback, if things are broken or don't work.

Posted by Mairu
Trigon

Thanks, Klaus. That's done the trick.👍

Posted by w4lter
Henagon

@KlausNV wrote:

[expired link removed ]

Hi Klaus,

do you have any news from the teamviewer team about an official update? (@ googleplaystore)

BR,
Walter

Posted by sphinxapfel7
Henagon

Hello, thank you very much for your help. Could someone send me the file?
Posted by sphinxapfel7
Henagon

Hello, thank you very much for your help. Could someone send me the file?
Posted by Mairu
Trigon

[External link removed - Do not download TeamViewer from third-party links]

I won't be hosting it for long though. Grab it (and share it) while you can! 😉

Posted by Mairu
Trigon

There you go. TeamViewer won't host it, and they won't let you download it! Easy enough for someone technical to checksum it to see that it's untouched. SMH

Posted by Mairu
Trigon

The only issue I've had so far is a little trouble "waking" the phone if the screen is off. I think the new Samsung powersaving is a little extreme.

Using the APK on an S10e.

Posted by sphinxapfel7
Henagon

Unfortunately again, did not think that TeamViewer is so fast.
Posted by Mairu
Trigon

Shame they can't react to user requests as fast, eh?!

Posted by sphinxapfel7
Henagon

Could you put the link again
Posted by Tom_56
Digon

@sphinxapfel7 wrote:
Could you put the link again

You have message........................

Posted by Mairu
Trigon

@KlausNV wrote:

[expired link removed ]

I have the file hosted but I will not post the link again... it's a surefire way to get my account suspended!

I've generated an MD5 hash for for the APK now. If Klaus would be prepared to check the MD5 against his version of the APK to verify it is untouched, then the links to the APK and corresponding MD5 can be shared via e-mail/PM.

MD5 posted here for permanent confirmation.

Original file name: TeamViewerQSAddon_Samsung.apk  <<-- NOT A LINK
MD5: 7E9E3D49EF97FCCDD93907F2A628EBB2

If TeamViewer would just make the file available again though, with the caveat that it's a beta and may/may not work on an individual basis, then it would be considerably safer for the community.

Posted by Shaneeo
Electron

Link has been removed?
Posted by Bilzzz12345
Electron

Hi,

The link seems to be removed. Would you be kind enough to upload a new link?
Posted by KlausNV
Digon

New Download Link:

[External link removed - Do not download TeamViewer from Third-party websites]

No wonderring I will upload it again after 7weeks :-)