Cant wake Samsung S8 remotely (or an S4)

I have three Samsung phones, an S4, an S5 and an S8, all running the latest versions of TeamViewer and Host for Samsung, but at the moment I can only wake up the S5 reliably. The S4 and S8, when I connect, just show a black screen and do not respond to any remote input as far as I can tell. If I wake up the phone physically all controls work fine, connection is good, etc.

When I connect to the S5 I get a black screen but I also get the Android control “tray” which allows me to hit home and wake the phone. I can also sometimes swipe and get it to wake. Neither of these works/is available for the s4 and S8. Every once in a while I can access the S8 - I think for some reason sometimes the notification that a TV session has started wakes the screen.

The behavior appear to be the same no matter where I initiate control from - my iPhone, or any of the three Samsung phones.

In any case, it’s very unreliable. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @Shinckley 

Thank you for your post.

Can you kindly check the following settings on your Samsung devices please:

1. Account assignment on all TeamViewer Hosts on Samsung devices have been completed and assigned to your TeamViewer account
    2. Turn on ECO mode from Advanced settings

Hope it helps and feel free to contact us if there is anything we may assist further with.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Yes, all three host apps are Assigned to my account, and I gave tried with eco mode both in and off.

I can see the phones in my list, see their status (yellow or blue depending on mode), I can connect to them and - if j wake the phones locally by pressing a button on them - control them normally via TeamViewer. It's only that I can't get past the black screen if the phone is asleep.
  • JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Shinckley,

Thank you for your message.

Our dedicated department is aware of this issue.

We are working on a fix and will provide an update as soon as possible.

We will inform you here, in this thread, when the fix will be available.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• tdonline
    tdonline Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy 9 and I think I have the same issue.  My phone cannot be woken up by touching the screen.  I have to press the power button or use the fingerprint button.  So I can connect to the phone but all I see is the sleep screen and I can't wake it up.  Only once I physically wake up the phone can I remote control.  Obviously, this isn't going to be much help if I do have physical possession of the phone.  

Is this an issue related to my Samsung having security measures (fingerprint, eye/face, password)?  I notice I have no such problem with my mom's Honor 7 which isn't secured.  Nor with my Nokia 6.1 but this phone does have a passcode.

• tdonline
    tdonline Posts: 5 ✭✭

EDIT:

Obviously, this isn't going to be much help if I do NOT have physical possession of the phone. 

• cky1967
    cky1967 Posts: 2

Is there a fix as yet for this? Remote access wont work if the Host is asleep. Cannot get pass the blank screen to bring up the password input screen. Need to hv the Host physically in my hands to wake it up to key in the passcode the remote access will work.

• cky1967
    cky1967 Posts: 2

For those who encountering inability to wake-up the Host to allow remote access. Only stuck at the blank screen and the only way to wake up is to have the Host physically in yr hands to wake it up. 

Found a solution from another post. Actually is quite simple. Just give the Host a miscall and the Host will wake up and you can then connect to TV and start remote access. Simple solution guys!!!! Provided ofcourse u can call or trigger the Host.

@cky1967 wrote:

Is there a fix as yet for this? Remote access wont work if the Host is asleep. Cannot get pass the blank screen to bring up the password input screen. Need to hv the Host physically in my hands to wake it up to key in the passcode the remote access will work.

• Tomqat
    Tomqat Posts: 1

Hi!

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S9, but I managed to wake the remote screen by pushing the space bar multiple times. Hopefully it can work for someone else to. For me the space bar solution also works when the remote phone is in do not disturb mode. This is great sins the screen doesn't light up when calling and texting while the remote phone is in do not disturb mode.

• onlibo
    onlibo Posts: 1

HI All,

I am following up to see if this has yet been offered a fix from TeamViewer. Here we are in 2022 and the "known" issue from pre-2019 still remains. Yes. The "workaround" from generating a quick missed call to the target phone works, but that is not ideal for some of us.

TeamViewer, please offer a solution soon. At the prices we are paying for the licenses, this should have been resolved a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

• RPS18
    RPS18 Posts: 1

Solution : Just press the *windows key* on keyboard when the phone is locked. It will triggered the lock screen and then you can proceed

It works with both with/without password. works for me . Enjoy.