Posted by roei
Digon

Help please! :( How to automatically allow remote access?

Hey,

I have an old android phone which I use as a home security camera. From time to time, the security-cam app crashes (but the device stays on). I want to be able to remotely control that phone so that I could reopen that app. The problem is that I'm not near that device, and there's no one to open the TeamViewer QuickSupport app and press the "allow" button.... 

So, is it possible to gain remote control over that device automatically?

Thanks,
Roei.
6 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Help please! :( How to automatically allow remote access?

Are you trying to connect via ID?

The host app is a bit different. You must assign the device to your account then you connect from your contacts list where the device will appear automatically. It is not able to be connected to via TVID.

Also, note that "trusted devices" is not to assign or allow you to connect, it is just to make sure it is you signing in. You must still complete the assignment once you do this.

If you are still having trouble, can you post screenshots of the host app and TV? (with ID's removed of course)

+absolutely mobile to mobile connections are possible! 
mobile to mobile

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
6 Replies
Senior Moderator

Hi roei,

Absolutely, but you need a different app.

QuickSupport is for exactly what is sounds like, Quickly Supporting another person.

If you want to have unattended access to your device, you need to use the Host app
This is able to be set up for unattended access.

I hope this answers your question!
-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by roei
Digon

Almost!

Thank you Scotty for replying.

While using the QuickSupport worked well, but here, I installed the Host app (on the device I want to control) and approved it to be a trusted device for my account. When I try to connect (with the computer, I understand you can't do it with another device via th TeamViewer app?), there's an error that reads: "Unfortunately, a connection to this device is not possible with this version of TeamViewer".

I checked on the device, it says the TeamViewr Host version I installed is 13/1/8752HM.

What can I do?

Senior Moderator
Solution

Are you trying to connect via ID?

The host app is a bit different. You must assign the device to your account then you connect from your contacts list where the device will appear automatically. It is not able to be connected to via TVID.

Also, note that "trusted devices" is not to assign or allow you to connect, it is just to make sure it is you signing in. You must still complete the assignment once you do this.

If you are still having trouble, can you post screenshots of the host app and TV? (with ID's removed of course)

+absolutely mobile to mobile connections are possible! 
mobile to mobile

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by roei
Digon

Thank you very much, it's working now!
Posted by WanS
Henagon

Hello, my phone kept prompting me to allow connection of screen recording. It wasn't like this previously. now it kept prompting me to tap on Allow on my other phone. I've checked app permission setting but it only shows Storage permission. Help
Posted by Rotarywishes
Photon

Same issue. I need to be able to remote control from a PC without anyone hitting accept on the Android side using host or quick connect