Issue regarding TeamViewer Android SDK

Issue regarding TeamViewer Android SDK:

We are facing the following issue:
TeamViewer view is not get overlaid onto the application view. 
i.e. We are able to pass event to console so we can view Blue Connect button into console. But we are not getting any event from console to device when we are clicking on Connect button into console.
We had run your sample Travel app on the following two devices:
1. Galaxy Tab 4 (version 5.1.1) – Working
2. Nexus 9 (version 7.1.1) – Not Working

To solve an above issue, we had try following steps:
1.We have check that whether all the required permissions are given into Manifest file or not. And it’s already given.
We have also check that SYSTEM_ALERT_DIALOG permission is also given.
2. We have checked that Travel app is listed into 
Settings -> Apps -> Special access -> Drawer over other apps with Yes permit.

Tagged:

Comments

• melcus
    melcus Posts: 3

I believe the Android SDK does not work on 64 bit devices.

• Not worked on 64 bit devices means?

• melcus

We encapsulated the iOS and Android SDK in a cordova plugin ( https://github.com/vlinde/cordova-team-viewer ) and realized their Android SDK does not have support for 64 bit devices, while the iOS does.

"In iPhones, every iOS since iOS 7 is 64-bit. In Android smartphones, anything above ARMv8 is a 64-bit device." - source . https://fossbytes.com/differences-32-bit-64-bit-smartphones/

There is an easy way to find what platform your devices runs in that article.

Let me know if you find a way past this.

• Okay...So can you please tell me what should I can do to intergrate Android TeamViewer SDK on 64-bit devices?

• melcus

We are looking into this right now .. haven't found a solution yet. Let me know if you do before us.

• Okay means following are the cases:

1. Device version 7.1.1 with 32-bit -> TeamViewer Android SDK will works.
    2. Device version 7.1.1 with 64-bit -> TeamViewer Android SDK will not works.

So is that case that currently TeamViewer Android SDK is not working because of 64-bit issue?
    As we are thinking that it's not working because our device version is higher than Marshmallow.

• Hello to everybody.

any update about this problem?

Thanks in advance