Older Iphone / Ipads can't upgrade to newest version of teamviewer. Error is "Cannot connect to App

biospot
biospot Posts: 2 ✭✭

I recently tried to use my team viewer app on my iphones (and ipads also). I have 4 iphone 4's and 5 ipad 3's

When I try to connect the message pops up that "you are trying to connect to a newer version of teamviewer and need to update to the latest version to connect"

Then an "update" button shows up

when I click on the "update" button, the units (all 9 of them) go to the app store then a message pops up "Cannot connect to app store" and I am done.

I removed and reinstalled team viewer (from the same app store that I can't get from the update button) but it does the same thing after the reinstall. I  have tried this on all my apple devices and they all do the same thing.

Can anyone give me a hint? I could remove the newer teamviewer from my computer but this seems to be a bug in teamviewer. Not sure what, but it seems that way to me

I have been using teamviewer at my home for 3-4 years now happily.

Tagged:

Comments

• biospot
    biospot Posts: 2 ✭✭

It seems that no one is interested in this. I'm sad

• I believe the problem is that the new versions of TeamViewer are not compatible with the older iOS operating system in the old iPhones and iPads. The iPad 2, for example, has an iOS of 9.3.5 and it's not likely any newer versions will be released.

So when you click the "upgrade" button from TeamViewer on your iPhone/iPad, it tries to take you to the latest version (for example, TeamViewer 14) in the App Store, which the App Store won't be able to show you, because the latest version of TeamViewer isn't compatible with iOS 9.3.5. So instead, the App Store just says that it can't connect.

As far as I understand, I believe that you must downgrade the version on your desktop to an earlier version because you're not going to be able to install the new version on your iPad unless Teamviewer releases a version that is compatible with older iOS versions, which is not likely.

The only problem is that it looks like TeamViewer is making older versions not work anymore. It may be time to upgrade your iPad or find an alternative to TeamViewer.