Problem with the host in Samsung S8 +

Options

I have a Samsung S8 + Oreo 9 One UI 1.0 phone. I have installed team viewer host. Previously, add on samsung worked without a problem. Now when I use Knox I have a problem with the active connection. The connection works for a maximum of 2 hours. You must restart your phone later. After that it works again for a maximum of 2 hours. I have already switched off eco mode. I removed the battery optimization. It did nothing. It does not matter if it is in the optimal battery mode or in the saving mode. There are days when the host is operating normally. A few hours work and the problem does not occur.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @kiler2222

Thank you for your message. ?

You follow all the latest news about Samsung and Knoy in a TeamViewer context here: Samsung Knox and TeamViewer

I hope this could help. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• kiler2222
    Options
    The solutions from the indicated discussion will not find a solution in android 9 pie after December 2019. When you try to install the add on samsung phone, the phone informs you that you cannot install the add-on. In this situation, you cannot also install earlier versions of the team viewer host. Also, the S8 + phone software cannot be undone. In the case of S8 + in Team Viewer, the host lacks the function of disabling battery optimization. Some applications have add-ons that actually turn off battery optimization and everything works as it should. Apart from the fact that the host would use up the battery very quickly, I write about it as an additional option. A good solution would be to install Team Viewer Host as the phone administrator. It could help too, and maybe it wouldn't kill the process and hence would not break the connection.