Repeated app installation problem on iPhone 5

maj1
maj1 Posts: 1

My iPhone 5 is repeatedly offering me an update to the TeamViewer app, but when I accept it, it complains that the new version is incompatible with the device and says "would you like to download the latest compatible version instead?".  Whether I say yes or no makes no real difference, a little later it just goes through the same thing again. It is very annoying, because it interrupts the installation of other updates.

If TeamViewer has withdrawn support for the iPhone 5 that's fair enough I suppose, but why offer a new version of the app if it can't be installed? I don't have this problem with other apps that are no longer getting updates on older devices.

This must surely be a problem with the way the app is set up in the Apple app store.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same issue here, App Store no longer shows iPhone5 as supported but teamviewer's release notes don't mention removal of iphone5 support
  • Slegnor
    Slegnor Posts: 5

I "solved" the issue by switching to an Android phone.

Also witched to **Third Party Product** because I'm sick of being accused of commercial use every couple of weeks and having to wait to be unblocked