Samsung Tab A PIE this device support screen sharing only add-ons not installed

I have Samsung Tab A 8'' 2019 (SM-T295) running on Android 9.0 Pie, but i can't install add ons from playstore!!

Quick support only show this device support screen sharing only! I can't click or remote it!

So the problem is Samsung Addons that doesn't support Knox android Pie?? 

Please send me a test apk that support Android Pie, someone please help

thank yousee the notif at topsee the notif at top

cant install add-ons!!cant install add-ons!!

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• no technical support here??

• arm79
    arm79 Posts: 2

Same problem here. 

Got my Dad a new Tab A 8.0 (SM-T290) about 3 weeks back and am unable to help him properly when he runs into trouble. 

Am unable to install Samsung Add-On or remote control the device.

Would be great to hear there is a fix in the works!

• Same issue with me. Any help is much appreciated

• JackB
    JackB Posts: 2

Exact same issue on Samsung Galaxy Tablet A8. Please help.

• Chenks
    Chenks Posts: 3

same issue here.

we have updated some our tablets to Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8" 2019) models, and now we only get viewing access and no remote control.

all our previous samsung tablets are fine.

• I am getting the same thing

• still the same problem for me on Samsung Tab A 8'' 2019 (SM-T290)  i really would love to see the HOST app working on this device.

screen sharing only, can't click or remote control it. a real shame...

• arm79
    arm79 Posts: 2

Problem seems to remain unresolved...

Any updates TeamViewer Support?

• we still cannot remote control our tablet, any help? Teamviewer support?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @daddoooo,

Thank you for your quick feedback.

We are very happy to see that the update is working for you.

Your satisfaction is also a Christmas gift for us. ?

We wish you in advance a good end of 2019 and hope to hear more from you in 2020!

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• JeanK

@hendrawira @arm79 @scottsteelfab and @Chenks 

Feel free to try and see if our new update for your Samsung devices is also working for you guys.

You will find the download links here: Test versions for TeamViewer Host and QuickSupport (no add-on installation needed) 

We wish you a good end of the year.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• i'm not installing beta versions of your app on production devices, that's just insanity.

• JeanK

Hello @Chenks

Thank you for your message.

The versions are now available in the Play Store.

This means they are not testing versions anymore. They have been approved and published by our engineers. Feel free to use it on your production devices!

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• so you are saying that the version currently installed has an update available via the play store? or is this yet another seperate app that replaces the existing one?

• It sort of works. Using an administrator account, I can connect and see the screen, though portrait and landscape are mixed up. So if the tablet is in portrait mode, I get a rotated and distorted landscape image on my PC. If I rotate the tablet to landscape, the PC thinks it's in portrait mode and again gives me a distorted image. Where you click thus also won't be where it thinks you clicked.

However, using a regular user account I can connect but I can't see an image (however rotation seems to be working fine). IF I start from the administrator account and then switch users, I do see an image.

I accepted when the phone asked me to activate Knox after installing QuickSupport on the user account. Also I couldn't install the Samsung plug-in.

• The latest version of the Host app still does not work on the Samsung Tab A 8" tablet.  Accessing the tablet works fine - you can connect to the device.  However, the connection drops/freezes within seconds of connecting.  I'm running the same version of Android (9) on a Samsung Galaxy S8, and the Host app works fine on that device.  Something specific to the Tab A 8" tablet is the problem.