Share your experiences with iOS 11 and the new TeamViewer iOS app

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Community and iOS 11 users,

we would to learn how you are using the new Screen Sharing possibility with the new TeamViewer iOS app. Do you have an exciting story to share?

Please post your experiences here in our TeamViewer Community!

We are excited to hearing your stories and experiences.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• RonG
    RonG Posts: 2

I upgraded to the V12 subscription soley so I clould support my iPhone clients. So far I am very dissapointed and have not been able to connect to them.

Can you help. Which devices support iOS11?

In the tutorial, it refers to activating some screen share feature. Is this available on all iPhones?

If no, which ones?

Does it require an additional download?

Thanks in advance for your quick responce - Ron

• Esther

Hi @RonG,

Here is a list of all supported devices for iOS 11: https://www.apple.com/lae/ios/ios-11/.

Did you mean this tutorial: How can I share the screen on my iPad/iPhone with TeamViewer?

In the article you´ll find all requirements and the set up to use the new feature. The screen sharing feature is only available on devices running iOS 11

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• The idea is great, the implementation is still wanting, given Apple's modus operandi I don't see how'd you get around it though.

I use TV to help users who can't do basic things to start with, things that are more basic than the process of initiating a connection. (<rant> Seriously!, what possible world ending problem could you be having that I need to use TV to remote an iPhone in the first place!?</rant>)

The connection experiences were flaky and inconsistent (I blame iOS for that though).

I had high hopes of being able to distribute this via MDM, and exerting the level of control I expect to have as a domain admin controlling company owned DEP devices, unfortunately, until Apple matures in their enterprise capability, we won't be using it in its current form. That is unless TV can hack the heck out of it, and give us the app we deserve.

• I am testing Team Viewer Quick Support out before buying a license, and I can connect to my iPhone 6S using my Windows 7 PC, but I am unable to get the live screen sharing to work. I have used the tutorial and have set Team Viewer as the application for Screen Recording. I clicked Start Broadcast. I got the countdown from 3, and the Screen Recording started, but I never got a notification at the top of my iPhone screen to send my Team Viewer ID. If I cannot get this functionality to work, my company will not be buying Team Viewere licenses.

• Esther

Hi there,

@Kentain Thank you for your feedback. We are working continuously on improvements in the app. Please feel free to post your idea in the ideas board to let our Product Management know.

@chasejcarr Could you please try to make the connection to your iPhone first and start the screen recording in the second step?

1. Make a connection from your computer to your iPhone by connecting to the ID shown in the QuickSupport app
    2. Confirm your connection request by clicking on Allow in the QuickSupport app
    3. Open up the Control Center  and start the screen recording via 3D touch

Does it work?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• @Esther wrote:

Hi there,

@Kentain Thank you for your feedback. We are working continuously on improvements in the app. Please feel free to post your idea in the ideas board to let our Product Management know.

My idea? Do you mean not requiring the user to start screen recording?

As I understand it; limitations within iOS are the cause the TV app can't "just work" (like a PC unattended installation). Enabling screen recording is a workaround to get it to function in the first place. I don't have any ideas on how your developers will overcome that; unless either Apple provides the facilities within iOS to do so, as jailbreaking is a non-starter.

Esther, you are more than welcome to take anything from this or my previous post and call the ideas your own, but I've already added my ideas to the idea board, and wouldn't want to detract any value from them.

• I connected to the iPhone first and then I started the Screen Recording Broadcast as you recommended, but I still cannot view the iPhone screen through TeamViewer.

• Esther

Hi @chasejcarr

which TeamViewer version are you using?

The Screen Sharing works exclusively with TeamViewer 13.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• i already have teamviewer 13,

and different iphones here  6s/7 /8 all with ios11.x

I can see the screens but can´t control one of them because the error:

because of firmware limitations the device cannot be controlled.

is there any possibility to control any ios device now?

• cmwd
    cmwd Posts: 1

I connected to a Windows 7 PC using TeamViewer on iOS.  What I wanted to see is whether the Apple Pencil could make the positioning of the mouse and clicking more feasible than with fingers.

Based on another reply in this forum I set "Remote cursor" to ON and selected "Touch Interactions" rather than "Mouse Interactions",

What I find is that the Apple Pencil is great for positioning the mouse pointer.  A tap does that.  But a tap does not make a mouse click.  I have to take my big finger and touch where the mouse is. 

Right clicking by tap and hold seems to work, and dragging also is as one would expect.

But a normal left click appears to not work with the pencil, which is very frustrating.

Is there a setting I maybe have wrong?

Thanks for any help...

• I’ve followed the instructions down to a T, but the option to activate screen recording for TeamViewer just doesn’t show up. I just started a separate thread with a screen shot for reference.

Thanks,

Natalia

• External keyboard support on iPad is inferior when connected to windows 10 via teamvewer ios app.

F1-F12 keys not wokring at all.

alt-left and alt-right do not move cursor one word left or right (like ctrl-left or right on widnows)

cmd-left and cmd-right do not move to the beginning or the end of the line (like home-end on windows)

alt-up doesn’t work like page up

cmd-up doesn’t work like moving to the start of the document (i.e ctrl-home on windows)

• kaka
    kaka Posts: 2

hi dear esther 

for me 

iOS 11 marks yet another year of refinement for Apple. It delivers some useful upgrades for iPads -- especially if you want to use one as a laptop replacement -- but you’ll barely notice the update on iPhones.

• It worked, but now the 'Screen sharing' tab is gone (tested multiple ios devices)

Schermafbeelding 2019-01-02 om 17.41.38.png