Special access setting?

New to Teamviewer.  I have installed the application on my laptop.  I'm trying to connect to an Android device (brand new moto G7).  I'm able to "connect" successfully, but I'm running into a problem when trying to initiate the remote access request.  The phone comes up with a dialogue box that says "please permit special access setting for this app in the upcoming screen".  The options given are "cancel" and "open setting".  When you click on "open setting" it simply reverts back to the previous screen (rather than actually opening any settings)., and I immediately get the message on my laptop that the partner has rejected the request.  Help?! 

Tagged:

Comments

• I have the same problem.  Any help here?

• I have the same problem ... Has anyone managed to solve it?

• I spent a lot of time searching for a solution, and finally discovered that TeamViewer's mobile app won't work as advertised to remotely access a phone running Android 9 or above.

Other apps will work but they all require physical access to the phone you want to access remotely.  If you're using Android, check the Play Store.

• I need to give support  80 smartphones (recently bought)  Mototola G7 POWER XT1955-2  with android 9 , and I face the suprise that this particular model doesn´t allow remote control

and  i cant give the special access.  There is a workaround ? or just share the screen, I mean is a expensive license and now is useless

• Ditto

I hope this gets resolved. 

• ChrisA
    ChrisA Posts: 1

I'm still having this issue - looks like it was reported to Teamviewer over 6 months ago, and they still haven't sorted it - makes this app completely useless to me.