Timeout on android and Host for Samsung app update

Japanat
Japanat Posts: 3 ✭✭

I occasionally help a friend with his Samsung S2 android tablet and until some time ago it worked like a charm, but now I get time out after a few minutes (5 to 10 or so), and it appears a message that my free trial version doesn't let me connect more than this time and that I must wait some minutes to reconnect. This doesn't happen if I connect on his windows 10 computers.

Also, everytime I connect to that tablet I get the message that he must update the app (Host for Samsung), but it's already up-to-date, on the play store there's no newer version.

What should I do?
Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• dbeusee
    dbeusee Posts: 2

I have a similar problem trying to help my Dad who is on a windows 10 system with TV 11.  I don't think him being on TV 11 is causing the timeout, as I get some message about my license.  I am on TV 14.  It would not let me reconnect until some minutes later.  What is going on here?  I am just trying to help family members with their problems here.

• dbeusee
    dbeusee Posts: 2

As it turns out, upgrading the remote system's TV to 14 did seem to solve the timeout issue.  Strange.  It seems TV is forcing upgrades.

• Japanat
    Japanat Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yeah. It seems that I found the problem and solutioned: we downloaded a whole new app on the play store still called Teamviewer Host but it's not an upgrade of the old one, so we had issues on upgrading it since I couldn't do it directly and in remote control.

At last we managed to make it work, and the timeout issue disappeared!