Posted by Japanat
Henagon

Timeout on android and Host for Samsung app update

I occasionally help a friend with his Samsung S2 android tablet and until some time ago it worked like a charm, but now I get time out after a few minutes (5 to 10 or so), and it appears a message that my free trial version doesn't let me connect more than this time and that I must wait some minutes to reconnect. This doesn't happen if I connect on his windows 10 computers.

Also, everytime I connect to that tablet I get the message that he must update the app (Host for Samsung), but it's already up-to-date, on the play store there's no newer version.

What should I do?
Thanks.

3 Replies
Posted by dbeusee
Digon

Re: Timeout on android and Host for Samsung app update

I have a similar problem trying to help my Dad who is on a windows 10 system with TV 11.  I don't think him being on TV 11 is causing the timeout, as I get some message about my license.  I am on TV 14.  It would not let me reconnect until some minutes later.  What is going on here?  I am just trying to help family members with their problems here.

Posted by dbeusee
Digon

As it turns out, upgrading the remote system's TV to 14 did seem to solve the timeout issue.  Strange.  It seems TV is forcing upgrades.

Highlighted
Posted by Japanat
Henagon

Yeah. It seems that I found the problem and solutioned: we downloaded a whole new app on the play store still called Teamviewer Host but it's not an upgrade of the old one, so we had issues on upgrading it since I couldn't do it directly and in remote control.

At last we managed to make it work, and the timeout issue disappeared!