Highlighted
Posted by HCanevet
Trigon

Two factors authentication

Hello everybody,

Some authentication problems, that perhaps were due to addons, led me to think about two-factors authentication.

My phone is a Nokia C2-05, I think it has a proprietary system (i. e. a Nokia system). I use it for two factors authentication on other forums, that send me an SMS when I want to connect.

I see for Teamviewer an application is needed on the phone. What system must I choose it from ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Two factors authentication

Hello @HCanevet

Thank you for your message.

Setting up the Two factors authentication is a very good idea, as it improves the security of your account.

You will find all the information you need in choosing the right app for your Nokia C2-05 in our Knowledge Base article here: Security codes and apps for two-factor authentication

To have an overall view on this topic, feel free to visit our two other articles about Two factors authentication:

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
5 Replies
Posted by HCanevet
Trigon

About Firefox addons

Hello everybody,

I thought I already asked this question, but do not find it anymore. And I have so many difficulties to stay connected ...

Did anybody already experience problems to authenticate on Teamviewer with Firefox add-ons ? For instance, Adblock, Adblock plus, Adbusters ; that do not prevent me from authenticating on other sites. Are other addons also concerned ?

Can these problems lead the management console to erroneously consider the password to connect to a partner without surveillance is invalid ? This would be strange, but ...

Solution

Re: Two factors authentication

Hello @HCanevet

Setting up the Two factors authentication is a very good idea, as it improves the security of your account.

You will find all the information you need in choosing the right app for your Nokia C2-05 in our Knowledge Base article here: Security codes and apps for two-factor authentication

To have an overall view on this topic, feel free to visit our two other articles about Two factors authentication:

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Posted by HCanevet
Trigon

Re: About Firefox addons

Well thank you, as systems on that page I saw Androïd, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry, macOS, Linux.

I do not know whether I should open another thread, but for information yesterday my password on the distant machine was OK again. Changing the password needs to open another session as administrator, so it cannot be done "in haste". And the machine is on only when somebody is in front of it.

Hello @HCanevet,

Yes, please open a new thread, so all the other users can see it and so we can close this one as resolved. :-)

Many thanks in advance for your understanding and contribution to the Community.

Cheers

Jean

Posted by HCanevet
Trigon

So, if this thread is resolved I shall consider I cannot use two factors authentication.