Unable to conenct in LAN network from android device to pc

2»

Answers

• Alitai
    Alitai Posts: 18 ✭✭

Can confirm. Still the same Problems as before.

• x_simon
    x_simon Posts: 13

Similar topic marked Solved without any working solution.

• x_simon
    Started a new topic because this one was already marked as Solved.
  • Adding my voice to this too because Teamviewer seems reluctant to solve this. Maybe it's because they want ALL connections to go through their server?

• Alitai

@x_simon Where is this new Topic? Can't find it.

@GreasedMonkey Yes, i think too. All Cloud.... :( This is also open a long Time now (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Mobile/Teamviewer-Host-on-Android-using-local-ip/m-p/70024#M2703). Same thing.

Regards

• x_simon
    They moved my new topic in this thread (the one without the "Re" tag), so it's under a Solved tree and they haven't any open issue.
  • x_simon
    Ah, the post you've linked it's also marked.. wait I double check.... SOLVED.
  • x_simon
    Sadly the build provided is not functional.
  • JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @x_simon 

Thank you for the clarification. 

I had not seen any indication of this prior. I will let our teams know and reply once I know more regarding our temporary solution.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• JoshP

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. 

We have tested the linked APK on a few devices, including Huawei other manufacturers, and did not encounter any issues during installation. Any errors encountered may indicate a device-specific issue. 

Let us know if any issues installing the temporary workaround persist.

Josh P.

---

• pozso123
    pozso123 Posts: 11

The latest update not presented fix for this issue. tested on Huaweo P20 and Samsung Galaxy S9+. Device is with fresh firmware and softver. No error from OS softver side. 

*latest release version has been tested, i not used outdated one!

• Hi Josh,

The issue is not in installing the APK, but rather that the feature of connecting to a computer via local area network still doesn't work with that APK file. It worked once before, when I first installed it, but failed in all other efforts afterwards.

• xhen
    xhen Posts: 12 ✭✭

I tested today from my android device to a linux computer in the same LAN:

I entered the IP address of the laptop and click connect, ask me for the passsword, and after entering the application closed abrutly , no error, no message, just closed.

So still not work. latest version in both devices

• Same here. I have used LAN connection from Android to PC more than two years, especially on off-internet - local LAN only - environment. But as described by other users, it stopped working suddendly. 

I have a version which was release by Aug 15, 2019. My phone is Google Pixel 3.

• Alitai

Works again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much TW!!!!

Regaaaards

Alitai

• JoshP

Hello @Alitai 

That is correct! The latest version of TeamViewer Remote Control for Android was just released, and contains the full resolution. 

Anyone still affected should update to this version. 

Changelog is here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Change-Logs/Android-Remote-Control-v14-6-236-Change-Log/td-p/71911

I have also updated the solution to the article to reflect this.

Josh P.

---

• I will make the update today. Thanks for the efforts and look forward to a working copy of this.

laserman