Posted by Ymca
Henagon

Re: Screen sharing and remote access not working on Xiaomi devices

From that I guess it's not a software/hardware legality. xiaomi just don't want to enable TV. So after people buy xiaomi phones, and after the warranty is over, xiaomi still controls it with legality.
It's a shame that companies cannot let go legality after warranty is over so TV can be used.
Posted by 3NCORE
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Remote Control (Android) and Host (Android) can't connect under proxy settings

Bump

Here's the piece of log I get when I try running QS for Samsung behind a proxy. Looks like the app just ignores the system proxy settings

2018/04/12 15:09:13.856 8819-8838 I/TeamViewer Activating Router carrier
2018/04/12 15:09:13.856 8819-8838 I/TeamViewer CProcessCommandHandlerMasterConnect[20]::CreateMasterConnect(): master8.teamviewer.com:5938, Connection 20, proxy=''
2018/04/12 15:09:14.075 8819-8819 I/ActivityManager fragmentStopped o.yj
2018/04/12 15:09:14.106 8819-8819 I/QSFragment Display is 2880x1800, Pixelformat=1
2018/04/12 15:09:14.125 8819-8819 I/ActivityManager fragmentStarted o.yt
2018/04/12 15:09:16.914 8819-8819 I/ActivityManager fragmentStopped o.yt
2018/04/12 15:09:16.936 8819-8819 I/ActivityManager fragmentStarted o.yj
2018/04/12 15:09:18.864 8819-8840 I/TeamViewer CTcpConnectionBase[20]::HandleConnectTimeout(). Connect timed out to master8.teamviewer.com:5938
2018/04/12 15:09:18.864 8819-8840 W/TeamViewer CProcessCommandHandlerMasterConnect[20]::HandleMasterConnect(): MasterConnect to 0.0.0.0 failed
2018/04/12 15:09:18.864 8819-8840 E/TeamViewer CMasterConnectorAsio::HandleMasterResponseRegister(): MasterConnect failed. ErrorCode=10
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

@YmcaThat's close. Although, it's no so much that they don't want us to, it's that they have never allowed us to or responded as far as I know.

It's not a software/hardware thing. Even though in Xiaomi's case, the software is created separately, they still have the rights to it.

Manufacturers and developers are pretty protective of this kind of stuff. Samsung originally asked for a separate app just for them, which we did. But then, they wouldn't let us do updates which left Samsung devices in the lurch.

Now we can do it without an add-on, but at their request we had to integrate knox protection in the app.

It may be technically possible to connect and control any device. The problem is stepping on toes is not good for anyone.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by alexxxxxxxxx
Photon

Hi Scotty,

thank you for the explanations, but I still don't get it.

What you said can be true of Android 4.4 and older, but from Androd 5.0 (API 21) there is official Android API for screen sharing, docs available here: MediaProjection API

Your app should be modified to work using this API, it can run slower - but it should work.

So on devices with Android 5.0 and newer, your app - which can be downloaded from Google Play Store - can do screen sharing part without any involvement from the device manufacturer. In case of legal issues, I'm 100% certain that if some manufacturer really tried to block your app from using this API or drag you to court - Google would help you, otherwise the whole Android ecosystem is at risk. Manufacturers can't block use of API because they would lose Android compatibility claim and they would risk their devices being kicked out of the Play Store.

Short version: screen sharing (viewing only) should always work on devices with Android 5.0 and newer, but older devices and support for remote control _can_ require manufacturer involvement.

Alex

Posted by JeanCarlo
Henagon

Re: This device supports screen sharing only

Same issue on Xiaomi MI 4i 

Senior Moderator

Hi alexxxxxxxxx

You are absolutely correct. Any android device above 5.0 should have screen sharing.

But what we have been discussing is not screen sharing, but full control. We have no issue with showing the screen on devices 5.0 and later, just remote controlling them.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by udonmez
Henagon

Re: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices

We are waiting news from Nokia support.

Posted by IvanGabem
Photon

Add On for Advan

I'm using Advan i10. I want to connect my device using Team Viewer. I had checked on Playstore if there's no add-on for Advan. 

I've downloaded QS For Android 7, but It still doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Re: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices

Hi Everyone,

This is exactly the same as every other Android device we are unable to support.

We cannot support all mobiles and we need the manufacturers support in order to allow remote control which we do not have for Nokia android devices.

I have moved this thread to our new unsupported Android thread.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by udonmez
Henagon

Re: Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

There should be way to support Nokia Phones. Did you contacted with Nokia to be able to remote support . We will appreciate if you support that make. Especially old people, mothers , fathers your wonderful program is beneficial and I hope you support Nokia android devices in soon time.
Posted by 98
Henagon

Connections From Mobile to Mobile Devices

the remote device doesn't support screen sharing
Posted by Michelr
Photon

Can't click from PC on the remote android

Can't click to start an adroid app clicking with the mouse on the windows 10 screen. Though the teamviewer blue hand shows up for a second on the android screen.

When I try it with an other android controling this android I see the hand movements, but still can't click it. When I click the keyboard on the bottom pop-up I get "remote side does not support remote input".

Posted by Sachinraj
Electron

Re: Remote control support for Xiaomi/MI phones

How do activate remote control at mi mobile phone
Posted by ShaikJameer
Photon

WhenRe: Can View but Can't Control Adroid Device with Windows 10

When it will fix?? It have solution right
Posted by jf_moreira
Photon

Re: Can View but Can't Control Adroid Device with Windows 10

Motorola IS in the list, whats up with you guys??? Same happens to me: blue hand on phone and pc and not able to click or move screens nor typing. Moto G5  here.

Posted by Chab
Henagon

Which add-on to download?

Hi,
Phone: myPhone c-Smart 4. Android 7.
When I try connect with on phone by 'teamviewer quicksupport' popup shows that there is add-on to download (connection with master phone is established). It goes to google app but ther is message that addon was not found. Does it means that it's not possible to connect with this phone?
From other side I can control by remote other phones without any problem by TeamViewer.
Posted by Vynash
Photon

Re: Can View but Can't Control Adroid Device with Windows 10

Motorola is listed on your officially supported list of manufacturers. I have a Moto G4+ with the latest and greatest OS allowed, any reason it's not working now?

Posted by MasterCATZ
Digon

Re: Teamviewer Remote Control (Android) and Host (Android) can't connect under proxy settings

having a similar issue trying to connect to Smart Tv box Android 7.1 13.2.9394 HM 

Ubuntu Desktop TeamViewer  13.2.13582 on local LAN will not connect

( all options greyed out ) 

Android 6.0.1  Phone TeamViewer 13.1.8817 CL on local LAN + Mobile does connect no issues 

https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/home/buddies/g/0 at least wants to try and connect but complains about unsupported version 

Posted by IP
Electron

Remote control Pixel 2 and Nexus 6P devices

Is there is a way to use TeamViewer to remote control a Pixel 2 or Nexus 6P devices?   I can only view the screens, but not to remove control the devices.  Thanks!

Posted by luigi3
Henagon

problem with android tvbox

Hello, I can not remotely access my android tv box 7.1.2. from my huawei p10 lite device, the message that gives me and that the device does not support screen sharing, how can I do? the TV box brand is VIDEN and the W95 model.
Thanks so much.
Senior Moderator

Re: problem with android tvbox

Hi @luigi3

The software has answered that question for you, you cannot control it.

I have moved this to our post explaining this in more detail.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by Voland
Henagon

Re: AOSP 1 Mxq 4k Pro Addon

Not for Android 9 (Pie) :-( It just instruct to install and then trying, but quietly didn't nothing.
Posted by adoniascorrea
Photon

Add-on not found

Hello,
I installed the 'Host' on two devices (1-Sony [D2403] and 1-Multilaser [M10A lite]) on device 1 just rebooted, after that, I got remotely at any time. However, on device 2, when I connect, I receive the following dialog box: "ADD-ON AVAILABLE: THAT DEVICE SUPPORTS OUR RESOURCE REMOTE CONTROL." TO USE THAT RESOURCE, DOWNLOAD OUR ADD-ON FREE OF CHARGE. " (cancel option - nothing happens, I can not access remote | download option - opens the Google Play Store with the saying "The item could not be found."). how to proceed

Using Google Translate (PT-BR / ING):

Olá,
Instalei o 'Host' em dois dispositivo (1-Sony[D2403] e 1-Multilaser [M10A lite]) no dispositivo 1 apenas reiniciei, apos isso, tenho cencatdo remotamente a qualquer momento. Porem, no dispositivo 2, ao conectar recebo a seguinte caixa de dialogo: "ADD-ON DISPONIVEL: ESSE DISPOSITIVO SUPORTE NOSSO RECURSO CONTROLE REMOTO. PARA USAR ESSE RECURSO, BAIXE NOSSO ADD-ON GRATUITAMENTE." (opção cancelar - não acontece nada, não consigo o acesso remoto | opção download - abre a Google Play Store com o o dizer "O item não foi encontrado."). como proceder?

Posted by Wii
Henagon

Hi,

Sorry, I really couldn't understand "This is a legal issue" I had thought always it was definetely technical issue so the users also gave the the technical requirements. That's why I wrote this.

I think maybe too simple. I don't know, what did you mean by legal, for example, the problem is in the application title? Is it prohibited to use a registered trademark "Add-on for Xiaomi"? If so then you can publish nameless Addons.

Is it possible to provide very experimental very generic Add-ons for all unsupported devices?

Actually, I do not want to bore you, I respect your policy. I also love legal stuff. But I really need remote access support. And I try every way to solve this problem. If there are 100 add-ons here, I'll install/uninstall one by one. Please give some experimental support, thank you.

Senior Moderator

We require the manufacturers permission to control the devices they manufacture.

I understand that it can be a difficult concept, but the manufacturer has a lot of control over their environment and the services provided on it.

On a technical front, we can make remote control work, it is not that hard. But we cannot support the devices without the manufacturers co-operation. It has nothing to do with trademarks, it is the action of remote control itself that permission is required for which is why we don't offer "Experimental" builds.

I cannot go into more details than that.

I apologise for being blunt, but if your device is not supported then there is no workaround. No side-step. No alternative option with TeamViewer. The answer must remain as a solid "We cannot control this device" no matter how many times the question is asked sorry.

I hope this has clarified this for you.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by GWraith
Henagon

Teamviewer 14 + ADB Keypad + Fire TV

Currently, the kids four young ones watch TV upstairs in their loft with their toys.

Fire-TV-to-PC-ControlFire TV + ADB + TVQS

So, of course, I have to get up and down to change what they watch or put in a password to get onto Netflix or Hulu.

That's what I'm working with now. My question is can Quicksupport program on the FIre TV be modified to auto accept incoming connection from a specified user unattended like the full Teamviewer program?

The aim is so I don't have to leave my office every 5 - 30 min to check/change what the kids are watching upstairs.

Posted by GWraith
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer 14 + ADB Keypad + Fire TV

This setup works for full control. Most premium apps block the video stream which is fine as I still retain control through ADB. Netflix is only app that running this messes up the video out to the TV to a quarter of the screen. No sound is transfered over this. Only hick up is having QS auto run and allow connection without input from the firetv. I know this is somehow possible especially in this day and age of everything being controlled from remote devices.
Posted by lila
Electron

Hi,

Panasonic is a listed supported manufacturer at https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Supported-manufacturers-for-remotely-controlling-...

I bought a Panasonic P95 specifically due to this reason. However it still says only screen share is supported.

Please advise how can I do remote control of this device?

Posted by dredkin
Henagon

Deleted my post since the answer was already found in the thread.

Ok, I git it that to officially support Xiaomi you need an allowance from them. But i'm sure that among millions of Xiaomi users there are many TV users which want this support.

So my question now is: what we, as MiUI users, can do for making Xiaomi allow TV on thier devices?

Maybe through Mi community? Is there a reason to make some petition to the company to allow TV?

Posted by eugenio77
Henagon

I am trying to control a MXQ Android TV box by MTEK running Android 4.0.4. I installed QS on it and ran it. It says the device supports remote control. But when I try to connect from other smartphone it says the device does not support screen sharing. Is it right? What can I do?
Posted by Irrer
Henagon

HMD Global - Nokia
Posted by bhanu_user
Henagon

Why not reach out to Nokia to get TV control enabled on android devices? What as a consumer to Nokia can we do to help this process getting escalated?

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

Moto X4 Re: Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

I posted this here but got no reply:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Can-no-longer-view-or-control-my-android-phon...

My Moto X4 used to work just fine (mid last year);

now (is this an android pie thing?) can no longer do anything -- the quicksupport app requests elevated access. But there is no way to grant it.

Touching "Open Setting" in the quicksupport dialog popup causes nothing to happen.

Touching "tap below to review whether to grant access -- quicksupport" causes nothing to happen.

?!

Posted by sebastianrumia
Digon

Hello. I haven't possibility to navigate remote devices on Android. I receiving screen from devices, and everything I do locally, but when I try do something remotely, device don't anwers for any gests x64 Win10Home. On second computer x64 Win10Pro everything works fine: I can remotely navigate this device. Do You may help me this please?

Posted by jackerhack
Henagon

On my device, TeamViewer Host says an add-on is available for remote control and asks me to install it, but the Play Store says "item not found". I took the advice from this post to install TeamViewer Host directly from the APK, but this seems to have made no difference. I still get redirected to the play store for the add-on, which still doesn't have it.
Posted by cmkeddy88
Henagon

Remote control does not work with the LG G7 one, just screen sharing. Does anyone know if remote control works with the LG G7 thinq?

Posted by Ashgeeky
Electron

Maybe it will work after rooting your Android Phone. i have found a working method:-

https://www.androidjungles.com/root-install-twrp-recovery-android-phone/

Posted by heyfernand
Digon

Remote control isn't working on Motorola z3 Android 9 pie. A pop-up saying it needs privileged access to work but there's no button to allow.
In Android 8 there was a button to allow but now the button says "open settings" and when you click on it it takes you to permission settings of all apps. But I searched for the option to allow quicksupport privileged access and There's no option nowhere to allow such thing, thus every time I try to remote control the device the client says the server rejected the connection.

PS same issue happens with "TeamViewer Host"
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hi @heyfernand ,

thanks for your post. Have you tried this?

1) Menu --> settings 

2) then security and if you scroll down, you will find apps with special access.

There you can add the apps, authorise/deny the remote control (e.g. Quicksupport)

I hope this helps to solve the problem.

Please let me know if we can do anything else.

Happy Monday ;)

Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

There is no way to grant the access on my Moto X4, since Pi.

This has been mentioned several times, it appears something changed (broke) going from Oreo to Pi.

Everything worked fine before Pi on my moto x4.

please fix.

It would be a first step for one or the other (motorola or Teamviewer) to admit they broke something. As it is, both are ignoring an obvious problem

see thread about this on motorola forum:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Teamviewer-QuickSupport-no-longer-works-on-my-Moto-X4/td-p/4334...

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

touching this alert causes NOTHING TO HAPPEN on moto x4 (since Pi, everything worked with oreo and quicksupport)...

motoX4elevated.JPG

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

i have same problem as @heyfernand on my moto x4 w/Pi....

"1) Menu --> settings" 

i'm lost right on step one; the only choice in my quicksupport menu is "advanced"

Posted by cmkeddy88
Henagon

@ebeighe wrote:

"1) Menu --> settings" 

i'm lost right on step one; the only choice in my quicksupport menu is "advanced"

pretty sure they mean the phones general settings, not inside the app

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

@cmkeddy88 wrote:

@ebeighe wrote:

"1) Menu --> settings" 

pretty sure they mean the phones general settings, not inside the app

well then what would "Menu" mean in her instructions?, @AlenaC should answer.

Assuming it does mean the phone's settings: the closest thing to security is "security and Location"... going into that menu looking for "apps with special access" per step 2; the closest thing might be "device admin apps" which does not contain an entry for quicksupport, so nothing to do.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @ebeighe ,

thank you and the others for your posts.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant the phone settings, outside any TV app, but I talked to my colleagues and there seems to be an issue with android 9.

We are recording the cases and forwarding them to our developer team. I will keep you updated as soon as I have more Information.

Sorry for the caused inconvenience.

I wish you a nice day,

Alena 

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

@AlenaC wrote:

We are recording the cases and forwarding them to our developer team. I will keep you updated as soon as I have more Information.

awesome; thanks!

Posted by Memosworld
Electron

Same problem.  Moto X4 on Android P.  Thank you.

Posted by FileLinxBen
Electron

Any idea on when such a problem is fixed as an indication? Is this more days, weeks or months?

Posted by Tectonic
Henagon

Hi, any word on if this was fixed?

We have several Moto Z3s that can not be remote controlled.

Posted by Whitedavidp
Digon

I am getting "device only supports screen sharing" message on an Asus X00TD/ZB602KL using either Q/S or Host apps. I see a blue hand icon and can see the screen behavior just fine. But cannot remote control the device. Asus is shown on the list of makers where remote control is supported. This device is rooted. I have not been prompted to download an addon but since there is one for Asus on Play Store I installed it hoping it would make a difference. It did not. Any suggestions? Thanks