Windows remote cursor from Android tablet

Hi everyone. I am using TeamViewer on a Galaxy Tab S6 to remote into my Windows 10 computer at home. My problem is that the Windows mouse pointer won't go down to the taskbar. It stops just above it. Can't click on the Windows Start button. Sometimes it works when I run TeamViewer in a small window on my tablet, but never works when I'm in full screen.

I'm running version 15.238 CL.

Tablet is running Android 9 with Samsung One UI 1.5

Not sure if this is a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @rongweiss 

Did you search to the tablet at the top screen menu if is enabled the option  View -> Show remote Cursor?

Regards

• WillemH
    WillemH Posts: 4

I have exactly the same problem as rongweiss. Also using a (brand new) Samsung S6 tablet and Windows 10

Please find a solution

• Vatsilidis

Hi @WillemH 

I sugest a possible solution in my previous reply. 

Have you tried it to see if it helps with this problem? 

Regards

• WillemH
    WillemH Posts: 4

Dear @Vatsilidis,

I have just found out that the problem only occurs when my M6 tablet is in landscape mode. In portrait mode is works OK.

As you will understand, LANDSCAPE mode is the preferred orientation for a remote session with my Windows10 computer.

Please, help

• Thank you! I turned off automatic screen rotation, and the cursor is able to interact with the task bar. I often use this tablet in portrait mode, so I need to remember to turn screen rotation back on when I'm done with my Teamviewer session. I still consider this a bug, and I hope Teamviewer fixes it so that I don't need this work-around.

• Vatsilidis

Hi @WillemH 

Well done, this is wonderful news, I'm glad you solve it out by your self!!

Best regards