Posted by Alexandru
Digon

lost recovery code and wiped phone

Hi,

I've lost my recovery code on two factor, and my phone was wiped, please help to recover, or to delete my account. Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

Re: lost recovery code and wiped phone

If you do not have a paid account you are going to want to message a Forum Moderator. They can assist you in getting your account deleted. If you have a Paid account, contact support. I also suggest changing from what ever Authenticator app you where using to Authy which backs up and syncs your 2FA keys.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff
Solution

Hi All,

Thanks for all the post's!

To process the request of having an account deleted if 2fa is no longer accessible, please send a Private Message to myself or any other Moderator and provide the email account that you wish to have deleted.

This will ensure that all requests are received and processed in a timely manner.

Thanks for the cooperation,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
255 Replies
Posted by hcphc
Photon

2 factor authenticator lost

Hello, after factory resetting phone, i lost my 2-factor authenticator code generator, i also do not have access to a back up code. I was intstructed by phone support to create a post here to have my issue resolved.

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thank you.

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: 2 factor authenticator lost

You are going to have to wait a little bit. They will need to delete your TeamViewer account from what I have heard.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi @hcphc

Thank you for your post. I sent you a private message with further instructions. 

@bartlanz

Thank you so much for your great help :heart:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by BonePART
Henagon

Same problem here can you please help me too?

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

If you do not have a paid account you are going to want to message a Forum Moderator. They can assist you in getting your account deleted. If you have a Paid account, contact support. I also suggest changing from what ever Authenticator app you where using to Authy which backs up and syncs your 2FA keys.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by VeganBiker
Photon

Where do I find a moderaters username on these forums, I have the same issue.

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

@Jonathan can should be ab le to you

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by pedropezunas
Henagon

I have lost my phone and need to disable my double authentication factor or reset my account.

This is not my account since I had to open a new one to access the community

Posted by Lited93
Henagon

Lost 2FA - remove account

A long while ago I lost access to my 2FA device and I have also lost the backup codes. This wasn't really a problem, since I wasn't using TW much at the time but now I would like to have access to the account.

I believe the only way to regain access to the username/email login to TW is to delete and create it again. I still have access to the email so I can prove that the account really belongs to me and the account obviously is not this one, this account is made solely for posting this topic.

Highlighted
Posted by tamboro
Henagon

I have same problem. with rollback from ios11 to ios10

thanks for quick help

Posted by JorgePAUS
Henagon

Hello, could you please provide me with a solution to that very same problem?

I had to factory-reset my phone and lost the 2FA codes. Had to create a new account and I need to recover the old computer list and/or reset the 2FA code from the old account.
I tried to reset using the online recovery key, but I don't get any email from TeamViewer either (and the e-mail address is 100% valid).

Thank you for your kind support

Posted by AlanS
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Any chance you can help me delete my account as I have also lost my auth code and recovery code and would like to start all over without using a new email address.

Many Thanks,

Alan

Posted by mw48
Henagon

Same problem. I forgot that I have two factor authentication for TV in Google Authenticator and have flashed my Android. Right now I have an access to my account only on devices which I was logged in before. I didn't recall my recovery code befere and can't find it if I have printed it.
What can I do right now? Please help me.

Best regards,
M

Posted by Aleodor
Henagon

Re: Lost 2FA - remove account

I have the exact same problem, an easy way of resetting an account would be nice. My phone broke down and in my stupidity, I've saved a note in the phone with the recovery but didn;t make sure it was backed up in the cloud.

Posted by frank342767
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Any chance you can help me delete my account ( the one that is lock not this one)as I have also lost my auth code and recovery code and would like to start all over without using a new email address.

Many Thanks,

Frank

Posted by zocoloni
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Any chance you can help me delete my account as I have also lost my auth code and recovery code and would like to start all over without using a new email address.

Many Thanks,

Akram

Posted by Sp00nMan
Henagon

Posted by tonyk1205
Photon

Posted by Lanu
Henagon

I am having this issue as well. My phone was factory reset and the recovery code lost to a hdd crash a few months ago.

Posted by Quipquipquip
Henagon

I need help with the account I've been locked out of. My phone had to be factory reset, and thus I lost access to the 2 factor authenticator app that was on it as well the recovery code.

I created this account just to post on the forum.
Posted by Vittorio
Henagon

Same problem here, I forgot to have enabled 2FA for team veawer and I restored my iphone with everything insiede. Could you please help me?

Posted by sbdiesel
Electron

nvm

Posted by shendriksen
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Any chance you can help me delete a private account as I have also lost my auth code and recovery code and would like to start all over without using a new email address? I've got an account associated with [email address removed], but I am unable to acces it, or login to this community with it, that's why I am using my company account here. I can validate my access to the mailadress ([email address removed]) if needed. 

Many thanks,

Sander

Posted by cbinny100
Henagon

I need help as my phone got wiped and lost access to my recover code and 2-factor auth. From what I read here I need my account deleted. Who can help and where I send the info?

Thanks.

Charlie....

Posted by leonie247
Henagon

Lost my recovery code and also my phone which had my authenticator on

Guys I lost my recovery code and my phone got wet resulting in me losing my authenticator....and now I cannot use my Teamviewer app as I cannot log into it...Please help me...can someone please delete my old account so that  I can start new...thanks

Posted by O_Spring
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Similar situation : I have restored from full backup my smartphone but the code generator app lost its settings, so no more security code. I have tried to use the restauration key but it is not working : I think I don't have the good one as I have already changed the 2FA app last april, so it must be an old one. Could you help me ? (at least delete the account to free my email). I am using a temporary email to write this message, but on request I can give you the good email of my account.

Thanks a lot

Posted by O_Spring
Henagon

note that I am still connected to my account on the client on my PC and also on my smartphone

Posted by ndev2k
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan

Many Thanks,

Posted by JohnGalt313
Henagon

@Jonathan I too am locked out and need to delete my primary account (this secondary was created solely to send you this message).

Posted by henderson
Henagon

Same issue here, my phone died and I can't access it anymore.

Posted by alex_hr
Henagon

2FA lost

Hello Teamviewer,

Seems that I can't login anymore to my former account, e-mail address is not recognized until I try to recover password. I've applied for password recovering succesfully and then realized I forgot to add teamviewer to my new phone authenticator app. I tried to deactivate 2FA of my account using my recovery code which is not being recognized. What can I do to regain access to my former account if my recovery code is not recognized? 

Thank you for your kind support!

Best regards,

Alex

Posted by Boom3198
Henagon

@Jonathan  -- I Factory Reset my phone without deactivating 2fa and the recovery code was on it too. I' still logged in on my comp, but I cant log into the online account or another comp. Can you reset my 2fa? (Its obviously a different account than the one I am posting this under)

Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff
Solution

Hi All,

Thanks for all the post's!

To process the request of having an account deleted if 2fa is no longer accessible, please send a Private Message to myself or any other Moderator and provide the email account that you wish to have deleted.

This will ensure that all requests are received and processed in a timely manner.

Thanks for the cooperation,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by dulitech
Electron

Hi @Jonathan

I have made full format to my smartphone but the code generator app (google) lost its settings, so no more security code. I forgot the recovery code also.Could you help me?
I am using a temporary email to write this message, you can reply to me by this email and I'll give you the email I lost access to the account they're associated with.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks a lot

Posted by O_Spring1
Henagon

Thanks. Account has been deleted by support team. I have recreated my account again with no problem !
Posted by Qais
Henagon

TeamViewer 2FA really sucks. They did not anticipate these cases.

Posted by ztkaplan1227
Henagon

Hi @Jonathan
I recently restored my iphone and I have no way to reset my two factor. Honestly a pretty poor implementation on teamviewers part. Challenge codes and some additional info could provide the ability to automatically reset this.

That said, would you be so kind to contact me privately so I can give you the details of my account.  I had to make a new account just to join this forum.  Thanks!

Posted by Smileybiley
Henagon

Lost access to authenticator and recovery code

Gday guys,

Authenticator somehow lost all my codes. Unfortunately i didnt store the recovery code. Can someone from Team viewer please PM me to remove my old email account so that I can change this temporary account?

Thanks in advance guys.

Paul

Posted by thomasngst
Photon

I have the same problem. May you send me the solution please?

Posted by Neil13764
Henagon

What is "Authy " and also please tell me how to PM forum moderator?

Posted by Neil13764
Henagon

Accessing web account and activating app on Android Phone

My Windows 10 application works fine but I have recently broke my Android phone so I cannot get access to my authenitifcation  code.  I thought I knew my recovery code but I get message that it is not correct.  I have a new Android phone and cannot activate the app since I don't have the authentification code and I cannot log into the web account for same reason.

Please suggest how to proceed.

Posted by Kylian
Henagon

I have exactly the same problem. i calt the support telephone line and they see that i must make a replay. So please can you help me?

Posted by serpente666
Henagon

Hello,

I have same problem and I would need some help with deleting account. Can moderator help me?

thanks

Posted by kimmeldg
Henagon

@Jonathan

I too have recently reset my phone and my authenticator app is empty. Could you please reset my account, [email removed]?

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Fgghjkkkj
Henagon

Has sent a private letter
Posted by kirianon
Henagon

2FA lost

I have just got a new phone, I wiped my old phone and no longer have my recovery code.

I still have access to my other machines through the logged in sessions, but would like to gain access to my account and resetup my 2fa.  I heard I had to submit a ticket on here, this is currently not the account that they use but I couldn't log in to my account on the forum without the 2fa.  All my original email address (to login and with my email provided) I still have access to and I remember my password.

Posted by Hanakun
Henagon

I wiped my phone today, but the google authenicator lost all the settings, so I cannot get the security code, and I forgot the recovery code also, could you help me PLEASE? I am using a temporary email to write this message, and all my devices are login now, I just want to reset the  two-factor authentication setting, and let me login using my phone. Thank you in advance!

Posted by Cv2
Henagon

@Reyhan I have unfortunately also lost access to my personal/private account as part of a phone reset. I created a new account in order to post, but am happy to provide any account details necessary to reset/delete my original account.

Thanks!

Posted by davy1
Photon

Hey,

I also lost my 2fa after getting a new IPhone.

What can I do to get back into my account?

Regards,

Davy