not working on ios 11 iphone <-> ipad

I am using IOS 11 on iphone 7 + and ipad Pro 12.9

I have installed on both  Teamviewer and QuickSupport  but nothing works , I cannot any of them on the other one

If i try to control my iPad from my Mac pro I can connect but not get the control of the screen, I can juste write a message, what I want to do is to get the full control as I can do from MAC to MAC

thanks for helping  

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• please see this topic :  IOS-11-sharing-screen-wrong-direction

• Mdb
    Mdb Posts: 2

Hi Eduardo,

I'm able to see my iPhone screen,  however I'm still not able to control it.

Kind regards,

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Mdb

Thank you for your post.

With the latest release of TeamViewer QuickSupport app for iOS for iOS 11, it is now possible to share your iOS screen via TeamViewer. However, iOS doesn’t allow remotely controlling the device.

Please see this article for further reference: How can I share the screen on my iPad/iPhone with TeamViewer?

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Mdb
    Mdb Posts: 2

Hi Esther,

will this functionality come back in the future?

Kind regards

• Esther

Hi @Mdb

This remains to be seen, but I can assure you that we are working to continuously expand our platform reach.

Thanks again, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi there Esther, 

I've found this and another post on this issue. I've got the QS app on my phone and it doesn't come up with the Share Screen button on the IOS for iPhone anymore?

I tried it about a month ago, and it worked, but the button just isn't there? Am I doing something wrong?

• Esther

Hi @greynoise_paul

Did you do the long-press on the Screen recording button in the iOS control center and select teamviewer as the option instead of the camera roll and start the broadcast?

(After adding the screen recording to your individual control center)

Does that solve it for you?

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I have the exact same issue on both my iPhone 7+ and iPad 12.9 pro. There is no option in the Quick Support app for screen sharing. It does not show up.Latest version of IOS 11 and latest version of Quick Support

• HI Esther, 

Apologies if you've received a response from me three times, but I didn't see my comment come up on the feed, and got interrupted a few times.

I've done both with and without the long-press for the screen recording.

The Button to Share Screen isn't actually on the iPhone. I see it on the iPad and as such, can get that to work as expected.

I hope this helps - I think the latest version of the app might have this missing.

Many thanks

Paul

• Please someone answer greynoise_paul's question about the "Share Screen button" not being there when you open Quick Support on the iPhone.

• Share Screen Button not required in QS v13.xxx Beta

Working for me now, Quick Support on my iPhone is v13.xxx Beta. So as a last resort I installed the Team Viewer v13.xxx Beta on my MacBook and enabled the new user interface, now I can see my iPhone's live screen on the MacBook.  Hope that helps.

• BBGOLFER, thanks for joining in.

I don't think I understand what you've done to get this working.

What do you mean by "Share Screen Button not required in QS v13.xxx Beta"?

I'm on Version: 13.0.87670 Beta QS

I've activated the broadcase via the long presse on the Screen Recording button in Control Centre, but still have no button in the app to allow me to share my screen.

Esther - have you got anything on this to help resolve the issue?

• Esther

Hi @greynoise_paul

Yes, there have been some changes recently to make the screen sharing even better. I just tested it myself and I would like to provide you with a little how to:

1. Open the QuickSupport app on your iOS device and give your supporter the shown TeamViewer ID
    2. The supporter types in your ID on his regular TeamViewer application and clicks Connect to partner. You will receive a confirmation promt on your iOS device: Allow or decline the remote control.
    3. After clicking allow: Your iOS device will show you the next steps to take: Open the control center on your iOS device and do a long press (3D press) on the recording icon (needs to be added to the control center before)
    4. Choose TeamViewer and click Start Broadcast. That´s it. Your supporter can now see you iOS screen on his device.

I hope this helps you to start the screen sharing on your device.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• 1st screen upon opening app1st screen upon opening appOnce connecting from my MacOnce connecting from my MacOnce I am connected to my mac.Once I am connected to my mac.

• Hi Esther, thanks for the reply in personal messages. As requested here's what I get. There is no opportunity to do a Share Screen. Please see the 3 screens I get as requested...

1st screen when opening app (no Share Screen option)1st screen when opening app (no Share Screen option)Once I've connected from my mac, I then AllowOnce I've connected from my mac, I then AllowOnce Allowed, this is the screen I get. Can only do chatOnce Allowed, this is the screen I get. Can only do chat

• Hello Esther

I have been following this thread as I have the exact same issues on both my iPhone and my iPad. I follow your steps listed above and I NEVER see a share screen button nor do I get prompted to share my IOS screen. All that ever shows up is the chat window (on IOS)  and The dashboard on my Mac. All apps are current on the iPhone, iPad. and Mac. I have deleted apps, rebooted, reinstalled as well as completely rebuit my iPad from scract (did nt restore from back up). Do we have to be on the beta version to get this to work?

• Esther

Thank you @greynoise_paul and @danjswartz

That´s interesting...

Greynoise_paul, your first 2 screenshots are looking perfectly normal, but the 3rd one is missing the How to. See mine (sorry for the german):

(Screenshot from the connection dashboard)(Screenshot from the connection dashboard)

I will check with the support team and will get back to you asap.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi @danjswartz @greynoise_paul

Just to be sure:

1. You are on iOS 11
    2. You are running the latest version of the TeamViewer QuickSupport
    3. You are running the latest version of TeamViewer 13 Beta

Can you confirm?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

I am on IOS 11, Latest QuickSupport but NOT TeamViewer Beta. Does that one need to be the Beta? Sorry for the previous confusion.

• Esther

Hi again,

yes, it has to be TeamViewer 13. Can you update and give it a try?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi,

I'm on IOS11.1
    Teamviewer 13.0.87670 Beta QS (IOS).
    Teamviewer 12.0.82953 (Mac OS).

Many thanks

• Esther

@greynoise_paul 

Can you also update your mac to TeamViewer 13 Beta and give it a try?

Thank you, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Updating my Desktop client to the version 13 beta did the trick. I can now successfully connect to both my iPad and iPhone. Thank you!

I guess I was confused when I thought it would work without the Desktop being on the beta version. 

When will this be live and not in Beta?

• Esther

Hi again,

That´s great to hear :-)

The Beta will remain for some weeks and so we will move to the final version, but I cannot tell you at the moment when it will be released.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Glad to hear it is working, sorry I was late responding.  The only way I got mine to work was definitely updating Team Viewer to v13 Beta.

• Hi there, thanks, it's all working now.

I didn't realise I had to have the Desktop version updated to 13, as it worked all fine before this.

I'll keep an eye out for the next release and update that.

Thanks for all your help

• Hey Esther, I followed your steps of first connecting the team viewer app with the desktop version. the desk top showed that I am on the ipad with the team viewer app yet no screen sharing. 

So I then went to the control center and did a 3D press on the recording button and selected start broadcast while selecting teamviewer.  The ipad says screen recording but the screen share never shows up on the desktop screen. 

Any suggestions?

• Feb 2018

How to Add Screen Recording to IOS 11 for Teamviewer 13 Mobile Support

Settings >

Control Center >

Customize Controls >

More Controls >

Tap the Green + Symbol Next to Screen Recording

When you are ready to share your ios screen with a remote teamviewer session:

Slide the control center from bottom of screen upward

You can then activate the 3D screen recording / sharing by holding down on the entire record button with your thumb (lenghtwise) for 3-5 seconds.

That will activate the 3D sharing required to run the teamviewer quick support on the iphone

I hope this helps

Joe