remote mac screen is not scaled to cover the entire screen on iPad Pro

dvmrp
dvmrp Posts: 2 ✭✭

When I connect to a windows, the remote host screen can be scaled and cover the entire screen on the iPad. However, if I connect to a mac, the lower part, around 1/5 is black, no matter which resolution I choose.  

Both are using the latest version of Teamviewer, iOS and macOS.

I searched the forum and apparently I am not the only one having the issue so far. Nevertheless, all previous posts are marked as 'solved' without an answer. What's the status and how to fix it? Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• I've got the same problem

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi dvmrp

As stated in the other posts, this "black bar" occurs because the remote side is not the same ratio as the screen you are viewing it on.

This is not an error, bug, or fault with the software and if the remote display is the same ratio as the local display, it will fit the whole screen.

TeamViewer is remote control software. The software provides a direct display of what is appearing on the remote side which is what is happening in this case.

Of course, this does not only affect iPads. Anything with a different screen ratio to the remote side will have some free space as a rectangular screen does not fit inside a squarer screen and vice-versa.

This is the same as watching a widescreen movie on a square monitor. You will have some unused space.

We do have the ability to change the resolution at the remote side in the app and software however we will not force the remote system to switch to a resolution not natively available.

Common 4:3 resolutions are below. 640×480, 800×600, 960×720, 1024×768, 1280×960, 1400×1050, 1440×1080 , 1600×1200, 1856×1392, 1920×1440, and 2048×1536.

I will put in a feature request for us to force a non-native resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio on the remote side, but we cannot say if or when this will be implemented.
    You can find this in our Ideas board here and can users please "Kudo" this if you would like this feature.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • dvmrp
    dvmrp Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Hi Scotty, thanks for your reply. Have you use a software call **Third Party Product**? They allow to choose resolution before connecting to Mac and force the remote end to obey the setting.  The selection is limited to 800x600 or 1024x768. 

• A few releases ago the remote computer screen automatically scaled to fit the iPad I was controlling from.  Now I must go to settings, screen resolution and select the appropriate resolution setting.  How can I restore that automatic scaling?