Advanced - new custom field not visible in Client app

sbebenin
sbebenin Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I created an Advanced custom field from TeamViewer dashboard.  I see it under all systems in the web dashboard but I don't see it in the Windows 10 Client app.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• christian-j
    christian-j Posts: 54 Staff member 🤠

Hello sbebenin,

have you configured them as described in "Custom Device Information"?

If yes, the configured fields should be shown on the right side within TV, after you selected a device (example) - maybe you need to restart the client after configuruation.

Team Lead Product Development (Enterprise)

Did my reply answer your question? To help others, please accept it as solution. Thanks!
  • Hello @christian-j ,

I can see my fields in the "sorting" option but nothing on the side as in your example.

What could it be?  Thanks

Untitled.png

• christian-j
    christian-j Posts: 54 Staff member 🤠

Hey,

I guess, following restriction is the reason for this:
    You can only see and edit the custom device information of your own devices in shared groups. You can not see custom device information of groups which have been shared with you.

Are you the owner of the group?

Team Lead Product Development (Enterprise)

Did my reply answer your question? To help others, please accept it as solution. Thanks!
  • @christian-j Yes, I'm an owner of the group.

In our company we have field techs who can view and use the group I share with them (as read-only).

That's a rather strange restriction (especially when it works half way as in my screenshot).  Any way around it?  Thanks!