After rebooting PC password is sometimes changed

Dca
Dca Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

Sometimes when i take over a PC from a client i do this when the client is out for lunch so i have time to make some changed when the client is not there but when i choose restart and wait for parnter (so after reboot i want to reconnect again) the password is sometimes changed (i have this already with serveral clients) so i cannot continue to do what i need to do without the new password. For example reinstall of a printer driver after uninstalling the message computer needs to be rebooted to complete uninstall. At that point i click reboot later. Go the the Teamviewer menu en select there Reboot and after the reboot there is a option to click for wait for parner. So after the reboot normaly there should be way ro reconnect if the password is still the same. But there sometimes the system is chaning the password and so the connection is not possible again without help of the client but when he is gone for lunch ...... Thanks.

Comments

• But if it's a domain client you need the user to login!.. So I dont see the benefit of you supporting the clients computer in his/her lunch break when you know a restart is needed? The wait for partner works fine at our firm, but I still need the user to login to the network before I can continue to work.
  • Dca
    Dca Posts: 2

Hello, Thanks for the answer. No i have this also on a standalone PC after reboot Teamviewer is asking for the teamviewer password and that is a different one after reboot.When the client is there he can see that the password on the screen in the teamviewer window has changed. This is not the password for the PC to login in on the network.. When i need to change something i do this sometimes outside the working hours so that the client dont have to miss the pc in the day. Thanks.