Agent is stuck in a free account

dwebb6
dwebb6 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have an agent that is in our corporate account.  He is able to login to web portal and it shows his account as corporate.  In the TeamViewer application he is stuck on a free account.

We have tried reinstalling the client.  We have tried going into the options and selecting activate license and that has not worked either.

Any ideas other than just trying to delete his account again?

Comments

• Same thing here, have you been able to fix this issue?

• Apparently we only purchased a corporate license for the TeamViewer 12 not TeamViewer 13.  By default TeamViewer will ask you to update to version 13 but only once you have updated do you find out this is only a trial version. 

We have 30+ agents that support our customers using TeamViewer.  Sure you can disable auto updates but the agents can still update their client.  You have to tell each agent to do this.  It should be default.

Then the customers that already have TeamViewer installed have to close their version 13 so that they can install our version 12 QuickSupport App.  We also had remote access computers without monitors that I needed to downgrade TeamViewer so we could continue supporting since they were on version 13.  You can upgrade TeamViewer while logged in using TeamViewer but you cannot downgrade.  I was luckily able to use Windows RDP to get things back up and running.

All and all this was a very poor experience after our company spent thousands of dollars transitioning over to TeamViewer.  Lesson Learned - Don't upgrade major release versions of TeamViewer unless you have bought a license for that new version.  It will **bleep** everything up.

• Thanks for the detailed answer. Unfortunately we upgraded already to V13 (which is current) and in the webinterface (management console) I see that I am licensed as "corporate".

Really annoying is that you do not get a proper support for all that money you spend! That is not "corporate"

Thanks anyway! If i find a solution i will post it here...

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Dear dwebb6, dear jfroehling, 

Thank you for your posts. 

First of all, a big thank you to dwebb6 for the detailed and helpful explanation!

As you pointed out, a TeamViewer 12 licence will not be recognised in a TeamViewer 13 client. If you updated your TeamViewer clients by accident, but do not wish to purchase a licence update, you would therefore simply have to uninstall TeamViewer 13 and reinstall TeamViewer 12, which you can download from our website: 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

As for the automatic updates, they can be disabled under "Extras > Options > Advanced > Install automatic updates". However, it would indeed still be possible for the users to manually update their TeamViewer clients. I do of course understand that it would be beneficial for you in this case to be able to block all updates, which is why I have forwarded this request to our product management team.

Should you need any help with reverting to TeamViewer 12 or with creating a QuickSupport module for your customers, please do not hesitate to give us a call or raise a ticket: 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/

Our customer support team will be happy to help you out :)

All the best,

Katharina