All keyboards predictions disabled in android version

Options
teamviewerguy
teamviewerguy Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello, why are all keyboard predictions disabled on android? It makes the experience awfull, everytime i have to write something from my phone via teamviewer i hav to type everything manually. My guess is that keyboards see teamviewer falsely as a password field hence their predictions gets disabled. Has anyone found a solution to get predictions when using teamviewer on android?

Comments

• sjmorris
    Options
    Just noticed this started happening with gBoard keyboard. Very annoying.
  • teamviewerguy
    Options

indeed,I'm planning to buy a licence but without a fully working keyboard is hardly usable,having to type everything manually makes me waste 3 more times than having a keyboard with predictions.they should really look into this,using something like.swift key or swype with tv would be amazing. ,keyboard developers have a bit of their own fault too since they could add an option to force enabling predictions in any situation

• sjmorris
    Options
    This literally just started happening last week for me. Up until now the proper keyboard was available.
  • teamviewerguy
    Options

seems that nobody cares about this

• LatteFresko
    Options
    I use TeamViewer very often with Android devices. Unfortunately, it has not been possible to swype with this new version with my soft-keyboards since the end of last year.

1. Why does not anyone correct this from Teamviewer?

2. Why is there no way to adjust this behavior in the respective keyboard?

Has anyone found a solution?
  • -MF-
    -MF- Posts: 1
    Options

I asked tech support about this and they said nobody had mentioned the issue before... 

I upgraded to TV14 corp and it is difficult not being able to swipe/use predictive text.

The work around i found was removing the updated version of TV and installed the apk for TV12. After 12 is when i noticed the predictive text disappeared.

I hope they fix it soon.

• z0l4
    z0l4 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem.

In Android, if I am conected to a PC, in the keyboard I can't see the predictions / suggested words.

Out of teamViewer, with others apps, I can write and I see de suggested words.

Its a great problema for me.