Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by teamviewerguy
Digon

All keyboards predictions disabled in android version

Hello, why are all keyboard predictions disabled on android? It makes the experience awfull, everytime i have to write something from my phone via teamviewer i hav to type everything manually. My guess is that keyboards see teamviewer falsely as a password field hence their predictions gets disabled. Has anyone found a solution to get predictions when using teamviewer on android?

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by sjmorris
Henagon

Re: All keyboards predictions disabled in android version

Just noticed this started happening with gBoard keyboard. Very annoying.
Posted by teamviewerguy
Digon

indeed,I'm planning to buy a licence but without a fully working keyboard is hardly usable,having to type everything manually makes me waste 3 more times than having a keyboard with predictions.they should really look into this,using something like.swift key or swype with tv would be amazing. ,keyboard developers have a bit of their own fault too since they could add an option to force enabling predictions in any situation

Posted by sjmorris
Henagon

This literally just started happening last week for me. Up until now the proper keyboard was available.
Posted by teamviewerguy
Digon

seems that nobody cares about this

Posted by LatteFresko
Henagon

I use TeamViewer very often with Android devices. Unfortunately, it has not been possible to swype with this new version with my soft-keyboards since the end of last year.

1. Why does not anyone correct this from Teamviewer?

2. Why is there no way to adjust this behavior in the respective keyboard?

Has anyone found a solution?
Posted by -MF-
Photon

I asked tech support about this and they said nobody had mentioned the issue before... 

I upgraded to TV14 corp and it is difficult not being able to swipe/use predictive text.

The work around i found was removing the updated version of TV and installed the apk for TV12. After 12 is when i noticed the predictive text disappeared.

I hope they fix it soon.