Android client controls windows host client having mouse issue

iViLL
iViLL Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, after i installed the lastest windows insider preview builds 14942, when i'm using android client to control my PC, while the mouse click/right click action having issue, it looks like doing a "click&hold" action, the same issue i got on the other cellphone client,i believe it was a bug,never seen this before, how can i provice logs if neccesery? i wish microsoft or teamviewer could resolve it at future update ASAP

Edit: Not fixed in the latest Windows Preview build 14959

Edit: Just updated the teamviewer host to v12.0.70002 beta, not fixed & not mentioned in the changelog

Best Answer

Answers

• jradwan
    jradwan Posts: 15 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue, and it's not specific to the Android client. Using TV on a Windows 10 PC to connect to another PC running the Insider Preview of Windows 10 shows the same problem. The mouse clicks are not registering correctly unless you click, and then wiggle the mouse a little bit. This makes the remote PC very hard to control.

• iViLL

hey buddy, Unfortunately, still, no respond...

• jradwan

Is it possible you and I are the only two TeamViewer users who are also Windows Insiders? Seems unlikely, but ...

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi iViLL, hi jradwan,

thank you for your posts.

In this case we need more informations to check the issue.

Could you please submit a ticket to our Support Department on https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/submit-a-ticket/ with a brief description of the issue so a Support Engenieer can work on resolving the issue with you. 

From the mobile device we need also the logfiles.

You can find it by tapping the TeamViewer options (gear wheel/dots) and "View Event Log" . In the next menu, there is an option to send the log file as an e-mail attachment.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hope that was helpful!!!!

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • iViLL

please check ticket ID 2817746

• iViLL

@jradwan wrote:

Is it possible you and I are the only two TeamViewer users who are also Windows Insiders? Seems unlikely, but ...

in case you missed it, Please check the mod replied on #5 floor

• iViLL

@Reyhan wrote:

Hi iViLL, hi jradwan,

thank you for your posts.

In this case we need more informations to check the issue.

Could you please submit a ticket to our Support Department on https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/submit-a-ticket/ with a brief description of the issue so a Support Engenieer can work on resolving the issue with you. 

From the mobile device we need also the logfiles.

You can find it by tapping the TeamViewer options (gear wheel/dots) and "View Event Log" . In the next menu, there is an option to send the log file as an e-mail attachment.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hope that was helpful!!!!

please check ticket ID 2817746

• jradwan

And I submitted ticket #2803476 a week ago (haven't heard anything since).

• jradwan

Just got a reply:

Thank you for your message.

Due to the rapid changes for any operating system that is under development, we do not support operating systems that are not the final version as there may be changes that may break the software that would not be included in the final release.

These rapid changes would put undue workload on our development team to fix an issue that is not going to be included in a final

For your particular case the Windows Anniversary update is the last supported version build 14393.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

• jradwan

My ticket (#2803476) was closed since they're saying the Windows Insider Preview is unsupported. :smileymad:

• iViLL

i'm also feel dissapoint and won't ask them with this problem from now on. tired

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi iVill,

Thank you for the post. I answered your ticket this morning - please check your mails :)

Regards,

Julia

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • jradwan

Was it any difference from the response I got to my ticket? (i.e., not supported)

• iViLL

NO, not solved on the lastest TV&Windows
    TV12 Host for Windows Version: v12.0.71503 H
    TV12 for Android Version: v12.0.6033

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Build 14971

• Wacher
    Wacher Posts: 4 ✭✭

I don't understand actually why correct answer "not supported" is.
    Today's insider build is the possible next retail build. If you (TV engineers) have a problem with this now you will have problem later as well.

• jradwan

Now that I've upgraded to TV12 (and still have the issue) I wonder if it's related to this new high-frame rate feature? Although I had the problem in TV11 and that wasn't there, the behavior of this bug makes me feel like it's "frame rate" related in that mouse clicks are slow to register, or the system thinks the mouse button is being held down when it's not, almost like a performance issue when querying the status of the mouse.

• jradwan

This seems to finally be fixed with the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 that was released last night!

• iViLL

@jradwan wrote:

Now that I've upgraded to TV12 (and still have the issue) I wonder if it's related to this new high-frame rate feature? Although I had the problem in TV11 and that wasn't there, the behavior of this bug makes me feel like it's "frame rate" related in that mouse clicks are slow to register, or the system thinks the mouse button is being held down when it's not, almost like a performance issue when querying the status of the mouse.

Just Updated the Windows to Build 14986.rs_prerelease, finally, no buggy, it works like a charm!