Assignment failed

rhickman
rhickman Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I'm new to TeamViewer and trying to deploy the MSI out to all our workstations (Win 10 1709). Everything is going well, except I'm getting a handfull (13 of 36) of desktops in a lab setting that won't activate even though they are identical with the same IP range, VLAN, GPOs, firewall policies, etc.

I have TeamViewer_Assignment.exe (with options) running as a startup script, outputing to a log file. Following is the command:

c:\Config\Utilities\TeamViewer_Host_Assignment\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken ######### -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" > c:\config\logs\TeamViewer.log

The results of that log file are:

TeamViewer_Assignment (r350) => Assignment failed with
Get https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api/v1/devices?remotecontrol_id=#######: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

There is no proxy, it is direct connect. However, the firewall connects by user authentication. Therefore, I created a firewall rull to allow all outbound connections out on port 5398.

Again, identical configuration for all computers. TeamViewer is installing, but is not activating. 

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers