Audio/Sound problems. Please help

2»

Answers

• MarkTheMartian
    MarkTheMartian Posts: 2 ✭✭

OI TEAMVIEWER!!!

THIS IS NOT SOLVED!!!:smileymad::smileysad:

REMOVE THE "SOLVED" TAG AND FIX THIS - IT'S VERY ANNOYING!!!!

:smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad:

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Audio started working between my home PC & notebook at work, but still DOES NOT work between my work desktop PC & home PC, same OS on all (Win 7, work PC is Enterprise & the other 2 Ultimate but I wouldn't think it would matter ), same auto settings on all, I don't get it, ANNOYING, if it had to work on one I wish it would have been the work desktop.

• baegopa1
    baegopa1 Posts: 1

This version does NOT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• scottb80
    scottb80 Posts: 2

I've been trying to fix this problem for a month and still no audio.  Connecting a Win10 machine to a Win7 machine.  No SOUND!

• NYCNative
    NYCNative Posts: 17

@scottb80 wrote:

I've been trying to fix this problem for a month and still no audio.  Connecting a Win10 machine to a Win7 machine.  No SOUND!

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your patience.

We published a new version in which the bug “Remote Sound” should be fixed.
    Please update your TeamViewer.

This ticket will now be automatically closed. If you still have an ongoing issue in this ticket that hasn't yet been resolved, please feel free to reply back and the ticket will be reopened again.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

• NYCNative

I'm going to attempt to download the updated versions and see if it works or not...

• dgarbern
    dgarbern Posts: 2

Just loaded 12.0.80984 onto one of my 'mute' Win 7 machines.   Sound is back.

• True! when you update to the newest version the sounds works again! 

• NYCNative

Yes, I downloaded the newest version on both machines and it's working again! Finally!

• I am running Win10 on my laptop and XP SP3 on remote machine...latest TV did NOT restore audio function...still cannot hear audio on remote machine on my laptop...

NOT SOLVED!!!!

• Try going to your Audio Mixer for Win10 (right click on your voume setting and select Audio Mixer), make sure the volume of the TeamViewer audio is turned up.  I had the same problem until I turned up the volume

• Check your audio setting in TV.

Communication --> Check Audio Settings -->  audio settings --> meeting --> Under ''meeting defaults'' switch ON the ''share computer sounds and music''

Otherwise check you audio settings in your volume mixer in Windows.

Problem is defo solved with the new update.. it should be something else in your settings.

I hope i this info is good enough!  Good Luck! 

• @MvW_Photography wrote:

Check your audio setting in TV.

Communication --> Check Audio Settings -->  audio settings --> meeting --> Under ''meeting defaults'' switch ON the ''share computer sounds and music''

Otherwise check you audio settings in your volume mixer in Windows.

Problem is defo solved with the new update.. it should be something else in your settings.

I hope i this info is good enough!  Good Luck! 

Nope...tried all suggestions...STILL NO audio on laptop (win10)....Remote is XP SP3....both running latest release of TV...

NOT FIXED

• Must be your windows settings for 100%. TV is working fine with latest version so you need to look somewhere else because it is

SOLVED!!!! :)
  • Try this as this one works in our office. Click on communicate then check computer sound then uncheck and check it again. Hopefully it will work to you. :robothappy:

• audio TS.jpg

• SlyFred
    SlyFred Posts: 2

Hi, Just letting you know that this is not just a Windows to Windows issue. I have not had Audio for a year or so with version 11 and 12 no matter id using Windows or Linux. I have tried all combinations with the same result.

I find it amazing that the TeamViewer Developers have remained so silent on this issue.

• SlyFred
    SlyFred Posts: 2

Further to my last post,

The "Computer Sound' check-box is greyed out so cannot be selected.

• This worked for me in TeamViewer 12 on Windows 10. OpenTeamViewer, click Extras, then Options. Click Audio Conferencing. The setting you may need to change is under Voice Playback-->Speakers. By default, mine was selected to Default Communication Device on both the remote and local computers. You need to change this to the appropriate setting on both computers. For example, I left the remote computer's setting alone (which was set to "Default Communication Device" and changed my local computer's setting to "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio). Of course, you'll need to unmute and set appropriate volume on both the local and remote computer. Also, this assumes you know to check the "play computer sounds and music" box.

The reason it didn't work by default was that my Default Communication Device set in the Sound properties of the Windows 10 Control Panel was set to a computer monitor that didn't have speakers connected to it.

Hope this helps others.

• I didn't have to change my voice playback device but going to the audio conferencing settings did lead me to the volume bar, which was turned down for some reason. Turned it back up and sound works! 

• Here is how to fix Audio Volume Issues in Windows 10

1- Search for Sound in the Search bar at the bottom of desktop.

2- Go to Sound settings in the Control Panel

3- Right click the default devices in the new window that pops up and go to its Properties section.

4- Click on the Enhancements tab , choose the option to Disable all enhancements and hit the button Apply.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fix-audio-volume-issues-in-windows-10/

• webhasan
    webhasan Posts: 2

Microphone does not work for TeamViewer 13. 

Microphone works fine for version 12 but unfortunately, TeamViewer  forces to update it to version 13

• What_no_Sound
    What_no_Sound Posts: 3 ✭✭

Does not work! Bad , static, or no Sound STILL! Latest windows 10 and TV on both computers.
    Went to using 「**Third Party Product**」 for sound! Hey TV tech's This is an Idea contact 「**Third Party Product**」 for help for this issue!

• I'm sorry to say that it doesn't seem to be a Mac problem: Skype works fine .

When I share the desktop and play a sound from a Mac the other Mac plays the remote sound too.

• Thanks, but it's 2019.....

Same problem

• I'm currently working on a e-learning Music school, yet unfortunatelly can't stream microphone and Audio output from student. I would love to find a solution for this, runned all posts around this theme and nothing found.

We are using on both systems an external sound card, anyway, already tried with internal sound card and nothing, can't hear what I'm doing on destination computer. Is there a solution for this even if it's an third-party software?

• DrSramic
    DrSramic Posts: 4 ✭✭

I had a no remote sound problem, and the problem was related to the audio confrencing settings.  I had plugged in a head set for other work, then no remote sound was coming through my speakers because audio confrencing had selected my headset (without asking, I might add).  I switched the device to use my speakers and I remote sound then worked.

• toyomaz
    toyomaz Posts: 3

Sound plays on server pc when i connect to it but the sound is coming from the server speakers and not the client speakers.

Windows 10 on both machines and running teamviewer v15.7.3 on both.

I have in options/remote control /play computer sounds and music enabled on both machines

Also I have conferencing audio default device enabled on both machines and volume slider full.

In the TV ribbon bar at top of screen in a session, under communicate the compuer sound box is ticked.

If I try to play a sound file from server machine ,No sound coming from server to client, just the sound coming from server speakers.

If I use windows rdp instead of Teamviewer to connect, the sound comes through to client no problems.

I have tried everything in teamviewer settings but still I cannot get sound to transfer from my main pc (server) to my client pc (laptop)..I am now running insider versions to see if that could cure the issue but alas no.. Please help !

Many Thanks.

• GuidoS
    GuidoS Posts: 3 ✭✭

I had the same. It occured after I installed Virtual Audio Cable. After uninstalling VAC it worked again. So I reversed the installations procedure. First VAC and afterwards TeamView. It worked here, but I must admit that I also changed some settings in the W10 audio configuration. So not 100% sure.

If you are also using VAC or a similar virtual cable, it might be worth to try.

**bleep**.