Authentication Cancelled

afeudale
afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

A couple of days ago on a new client install of TV14 Host, I was repeatedly getting the Authenticaion Cancelled message when trying to connect to their machine.  It would happen right away...

Had the client uninstall/reboot/reinstall with the same results.

Called TV support, waited on hold for an hour, then finally they recommended my client uninstall TV, make some registry changes and reboot.  Obivously not going to have them do that.

After mush persuading, TV finally sent me a script file I could have the client run to perform the clean uninstall.  Then it started working.

Ran well for two days, but upon a reboot, back to the "Authentication Cancelled".

Even worse, now the clean uninstall script/reinstall isn't working - still the same message.

I don't feel like waiting on hold for an hour again...

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• afeudale

Wow...the whole day and no reply on the support forum or to my ticket?

Great job supporting a Corp license customer with multiple additional channels!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @afeudale 

Thank you for your post.

Please know the TeamViewer Community is a user-driven community - most solutions come from other users and not TeamViewer employees. We cannot guarantee a TeamViewer employee will be able to respond to all posts here.

As you already have a ticket open for this issue, I recommend you reply directly to the support rep so they may further assist.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• afeudale
    Yup, I am aware of that...I posted here because there is still no response on my ticket. Going on 24 hrs, still no response to the ticket!

Seems that TeamViewer's guiding principle is "take your money, then **bleep** you on support". Thank you TV!
  • afeudale
    Obviously posting here *did* work because no more than 5 minutes afterwards, I received a reply on my ticket.

Same garbage as usual about collecting logs, etc. (Which I can't do as I don't have access to the machine).

After being a paying customer of TV for almost 10 years, I have hit my peak in frustration and will start calling you guys out publicly for your buggy program and lacking support.
  • JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @afeudale 

Thanks for your post.

Please be advised all replies to tickets are answered in the order they are received. Some replies can take more than 24 hours, and in cases of more immediacy, we recommend you call the support team directly

Posting in the community regarding the services does not expidite a service request or reply.

We thank you for your understanding. 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• afeudale

Went onsite to get the client's physical machine yesterday...pulled the logs and sent them from the client machine and my machine.

This was over 24 hours ago.  Not a word from support.

Is there a reasonable level of support response times we should expect as paying Corporate plan customers?  Or basically we go into the same queue as all other customers and the free users as well?

• afeudale

48 hours....still no response from support.  I have to return the endpoint to my client tomorrow morning and will likely not have any response from TV by then.

Let me guess - support doesn't work on weekends?  Can we also not pay for TV on weekends, just to make it fair?

You are a large tech company and need to start acting like one.  Waiting 48hrs+ for a reply on a critical issue is not acceptable for a paying customer.

• afeudale

Finally heard back from support - 3 days later...

For those who pay for this buggy product, just keep in mind that they do not offer support on the weekends and even if they receive your message before then, they may choose not to respond if their is a large queue of support tickets!  I quote:

"Your reply on Friday was already almost at the end of the day and I didn't get to it on time before I left, my apologies.  We go thru tickets in order received and there were other customers in front of you. Our support has a 24-48 BUSINESS hours ticket turn around, and our office is closed on weekends."

Also, this 48 hours reply time is ridiculous.  Support admitted that they know of this SmartBytes issue, yet they did not send this as a suggestion when I initially contacted them about the problem - instead, they requested the logs (as usual).  So, initial support request can take 48 hours response, then you send the logs and wait another 48 hours for a reply, then *maybe*, they will identify that it's an issue with a software program.  If not, another 48 hours of waiting for another suggestion.  All in all, you're waiting about a week for a resolution to a *known* issue.  

I don't know about the rest of you, but I offer my clients same day service - how can I possibly continue to do that when TV offers 1-week service at best??

• afeudale

Still waiting for a public statement from TV regarding the last message I posted above.  Everyone should know what to expect from your service as a paying customer - so please state that here.

• afeudale

Still waiting for a response from TV regarding this...

• afeudale

Daily bump.  Waiting for official response from TV on this.  Only hearing crickets...

Good to know TV cares about it's paying customers enough to reply to them!

• --DT
    --DT Posts: 1

My company is a Dell shop that uses  TeamViewer. It has been a nightmare ever since TV12 trying to keep TV Host working on about half the machines. My manager tried to get support (we pay for volume license) and they just gave him the runaround without fixing or admitting anything. Never again will I willingly use TeamViewer. Thankfully we are moving away from both Dell and TeamViewer in our current equipment upgrade. Unfortunately I stlil have to support 30+ legacy PCs with the old setup for foreseeable future. Never again, TeamViewer. Your support is honestly terrible.