Automatic Device Assignment

ajones11
ajones11 Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

Has anyone successfully found a way to deploy and automatically assign the device to your account with version 14?

Worked flawlessly with Version 13 for us, but after upgrading I can no longer get anything to work. Some examples I have tried below, all of which don't work.

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXX
timeout 60 > null
TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token XXX

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXX APITOKEN=XXX ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %computername% --group Computers"

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXX APITOKEN=XXX ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access"

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hit up Twitter support a while ago, they just got back to me with the response below. Hope this helps someone else out.

"Our Development Team informed us of an issue currently happening with an specific parameter when trying to deploy TeamViewer. They are already working on a solution, and the issue will soon be solved.

There is, however, a workaround that will allow you to bypass the issue. Essentially, you will need to add a parameter to include the ID of the group you want the devices assigned to.

You will be able to get the group id by login into your Management Console, click on the appropriate group, and the web address bar will show (example) "login.teamviewer.com/nav/home/buddies/g/XXXXXX". Your group id number would be "XXXXXX".

Parameter should look like this: --group-id gXXXXXX

Full parameter line example:
    msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXX APITOKEN=XXXXXX IMPORTREGFILE=1 assignmentoptions="--alias %Computername% --grant-easy-access true --group-id gXXXX" "

• @ajones11 wrote:

Hit up Twitter support a while ago, they just got back to me with the response below. Hope this helps someone else out.

"Our Development Team informed us of an issue currently happening with an specific parameter when trying to deploy TeamViewer. They are already working on a solution, and the issue will soon be solved.

There is, however, a workaround that will allow you to bypass the issue. Essentially, you will need to add a parameter to include the ID of the group you want the devices assigned to.

You will be able to get the group id by login into your Management Console, click on the appropriate group, and the web address bar will show (example) "login.teamviewer.com/nav/home/buddies/g/XXXXXX". Your group id number would be "XXXXXX".

Parameter should look like this: --group-id gXXXXXX

Full parameter line example:
    msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXX APITOKEN=XXXXXX IMPORTREGFILE=1 assignmentoptions="--alias %Computername% --grant-easy-access true --group-id gXXXX" "

Don't get too excited though, as this work around doesn't work for me.

• donrin
    donrin Posts: 6 ✭✭

This suggestion helped me get things working.  For clarification:

I'm using the custom MSI package from my account's "Design & Deploy" page.

I included the "Unattended Access" password from a working TeamViewer install as part of the export of the registry settings.  This created a section in the TeamViewer_Settings.reg file like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\Temp]
    "SecurityPasswordExported"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx...

I then used a command line like this to install TeamViewer Host:

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 APITOKEN=xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --group-id gxxxxxxxx" IMPORTREGFILE=1

The newly installed machine joined the group specified, and was manageable.

Hope this helps.

• idemarco
    idemarco Posts: 7 ✭✭

We have the same problem as Digon after upgrading to v14.

Actually, using the new MSI and the suggested cmd line, installation and assignment are ok, but, the custom graphic is not displayed (our company logo is missing).

Do we need to redo and re-export the custom package from the management console?

• We're also still experiencing issue with Assignement (Mac). This has been dragging for months! Even with the new way of using the Group ID it still doesn't work.

Can we get a reliable way from TeamViewer to do Assignement once for good ?

Since now support is all on the Community Board (no email support anymore) can we've some support here and get a reliable way to Assign machine ?

I'm not happy at all with the tool nor the support. I would not recommend TeamViewer and if we don't get this working sooner than later we will go and look for a more reliable solution!

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @lpiguet,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please provide your email address in a personal message to me? 

Email and Phone support are and will be available for our paying customers. 

Thanks in advance and have a great day. :) 

All the best,
    Natascha 

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• KA_R
    KA_R Posts: 2

Have the same issue  .. Someone can help me ?

• KA_R
    KA_R Posts: 2

Has anyone finally found a way to deploy and automatically assign the device to your account with version 14?

working on Version 13 for us, but no longer t after upgrading I

msiexec /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn 
    TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token XXX

Have exported reg  from Teamviewer and  from PC

it seems  not working

• rkohler
    rkohler Posts: 6 ✭✭

Have the same issue .. Someone can help me ?

rko02
  • idemarco
    idemarco Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi guys, in my case the problem has been solved easly: it was just a typo in the string included in my batch file (customconfigid).

start /wait msiexec /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=blablabla APITOKEN=123456blablablablablabla IMPORTREGFILE=1 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --group-id g**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** --alias %COMPUTERNAME%"

I simply launch a .bat with that string which execute my own TeamViewer_Host.msi, plus a TeamViewer_Settings.reg file for some custom options.

But first I had to generate a new .msi, v14.

• John_Wilkinson
    John_Wilkinson Posts: 2 ✭✭

It's an MSI, why can't we get the instructions for editing the MSI with Orca and make our lives simple

• Rafaelf
    Rafaelf Posts: 4 ✭✭

Can some one show me how i should config the file in orca, show me an printscren?