Autosave of credentials

Oliver
Oliver Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi community,
how can I make sure that TeamViewer doesn't autosave the credentials I used before i.e. ID and password of last session. I want to key them in every time I start the software. I use a Mac.
Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your post!

The TeamViewer ID is static and local to the device so there is  not a way to change it. We appreciate your concern for security so there is an option to have the software generate a new password after each connection. This setting would need to be set on each device locally and should give you the result you are looking for.

To set this option please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Extras>Options>Advanced
    2. Scroll down to "Advanced options for connections to this computer"
    3. Look for "Random password after each session"
    4. Change the setting to "Generate new"
    5. Click OK

2016-11-15 17_49_50-TeamViewer options password.png

This will ensure that you have to enter the password from the remote device every time you connect.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

• Oliver

Thanks for your quick reply, Jonathan!
    What I actually mean is how I can disable the system to show the IDs of the computers that I recently connected with. I'm talking about the IDs showing in the pull down menue. I don't want that to show anything.
    Is this possible?
    Thanks and best regards!

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your response!

There is an option to delete the "history" from your partner ID drop down list. When you expand the list,  the dropdown menu will show all the ID's you have connected to. You should also see an -X- next to each ID or contact. You can clear the list by -X-ing all the ID's.

I beleive this is what you are asking. If this is helpful please accept as a solution!

All the best,

Jonathan

• Oliver

Hi Jonathan,
    appreciate your reply. Apart from X-ing the IDs is there a way to not have them listed in the first place. Some option to 'turn off history'?
    Thx!

• shre
    shre Posts: 1

HI

I am facing a similar issue where i would not want my previous ID and password not to show up. I think its a an important feature which would be very easy to implement.

its a security concern as my pc is used by multiple people and they would know the last persons username.

hope you can fix it