Can't connect to my computer since today morning

F9V
F9V Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions
Hi all,

I have the free version of Teamviewer installed on both my computer, and both are connected to my free account. I was trying to connect this morning as usually do when I am working remotely but unfortunately i am receiving an error message saying:
"The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore. Your connection partner can update Teamviewer on Help - Check for new version".

Then if I click ok another message pop up saying "reason unknown".

The strange thing is that it was working until yesterday evening.
I am pretty sure the version should be the 14 but I can't actually check or update anything from here.

I have also tried to connect from the chrome app, and i am getting the same error message "reason unknown".

Could you please help me sort this out?

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

Comments

• Lola33
    Lola33 Posts: 1

I recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service on your device.

-Execute "run", type "services.msc" and press OK

-Now find TeamViewer, and restart it by doing a right click.

Then, restart the TeamViewer application. It should work again.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

• F9V

Hi Lola33 and thank you for your answer.

I have tried what you suggested (on my side only, I don't have manual access to the remote computer) but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

I have also tried connecting trought the web connector but I receive "reason unknown" error.

Also, I have tried connecting from the teamviewer mobile app on my android smartphone (working until two days ago), now I get a "no route" error.

I am start thinking that it could be a problem related to the TV version. I have 14.6.4835 installed here, but I can't be sure of what version is installed on the other side. It could be 13 or 14.5 and so on...

I am very worried about this because I will not have manual access to the remote computer until the end of october.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

PS: Do you think there could be a way to force the remote computer to update to the latest version?

• F9V

Please I really need a solution, I have also bought the Remote Access License (9€ per month) because I tought was a problem of license, and it doesn't change anything, I still receive the same errors.

I have already opened a ticket (number: #33108931) and no one is answering to that.

I have also tried calling the phone number for support, but the voice at the phone tells me to send an email.

Please someone helps me.