Cannot Modify Remote Properties

DMadd
DMadd Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've looked through many asked questions, but none seem to be my exact issue, I have also read through the manual. I am using a commercial lisence and when I select a computer I need to change the name of it in TeamViewer, I open up the properties, but I cannot modify anything within the properties dialog box. I need to be able to change the Alias, but I cannot even modify it what-so-ever. I can't select it or delete it. I can't even write anything in the Description box. Two of my coleagues can modify Alias's and two of us can't. We are not attempting this at the same time. We all have full access, and we compared all of our settings, to which were identical. I need a little nudge in the right direction of where I could look next.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• JoTo
    JoTo Posts: 1

In case anyone else has this problem, this may be a solution.

Have one of your colleagues that has admin permissions go into the Management Console and on the left side, scroll down to groups. For each of the groups that contain computers that you are needing to modify the properties of, right click and go to "share". Within that window, make sure the user who needs to be able to edit properties is already added (or add them if not), and then make sure their permissions are set to "Full control" in the drop down by their name. Hit save, and you will be able to edit the properties.

Hope this helps.

• Ryan_O
    Ryan_O Posts: 11 ✭✭

Sadly, this doesn't work for Device Groups, only the legacy Groups.