Cannot connect - License is not compatible

Cesar_Allende
Cesar_Allende Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I bought the Business license a few months ago (V.12) then I updated the Team Viewer clients on both my cellphone and Desktop. Now I have the following issue:

When I try to connect from my Cellphone (iOS) to my Desktop (Windows 10) I get the message:

"Unable to connect"  A connection could not be established. Your current license is not compatible with your partner's Teamviewer version. You need to update your license to the current version.

I removed the device from the Managmente console (License section) and then add the cellphone again but it is just not working yet.

Both devices, desktop and the cellphone have the V. 13 installed.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Cesar_Allende,

Thank you for your post.

The TeamViewer Community is mostly user-driven; as your issue concerns licensing, it would be best to contact our Support Team so they may further assist you.

Regarding your issue, however, it would appear that you have a perpetual license for version 12 of TeamViewer; this license would only be compatible with version 12. Uninstalling version 13 and re-installing version 12 on your computer should resolve your issue.

If you require any further assistance with your license, feel free to reach out to us directly.

- Josh P

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Fidolido
    Fidolido Posts: 11 ✭✭

I do know you can download version 12 for a computer, but not sure if you can reload version 12 on a cell phone.... once updated, usually you can't go back as it's not an option. I just checked and I don't find any previous versions. Moderator, can you chime in here? Is there a way to get an Android older version of Teamviewer for a cell phone?

When replacing a newer version with an older version, uninstall the newer version, run CCleaner Registry to remove registry links. Otherwise the older version tends to hang as it detects a newer version.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

You can download V12 on a PC but not a Mobile phone.
    Download links here

As Josh stated, he only needs to download V12 on his PC.

Although the Mobile apps have "Versions" you can connect using a V12 license from V13 of the mobile app and vice-versa and mobile apps should always be kept up to date.

The problem is that because he has a license for v12 activated on the mobile, it will not allow connections to V13 of the software with that license.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?